No announcement yet.

Planetside 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got it installed overnight, I got home late and haven't played yet but I am really excited to try it out.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Game is set to launch November 20th and unfortunately they still have a ways to go. Feel free to ask me any questions about the game, I've been in beta for a while.

Here's beta keys for anyone interested.
      ZPF7FPKZH397KC2Z6ZNP
      CGHECKK4HJ2XH3K9REM7
      E3K7ZRFMFJPZDR9DPK3P
      DEM92HDN3D4XZXE93MDR
      7J9RGRXXM2E2NFKMJCHF
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

So is anyone playing this regularly?

Comment

Yeah I'm still playing it. NC-Mattherson.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            So is anyone playing this regularly?
            nope, game sucks.

edit: i'll expand. performance isn't on par with what it needs to be at. but then again a game this size only gets better with time. and i know this sounds trivial, but god oh god I hate the fucking death animation and what seems like is no physics (ragdoll) for the players.

Everybody said "this is the real battlefield!" and nope, just nope...I"ll take bf3 over any online shooter at the moment.

Comment

IMO this is the best F2P game available and while it doesn't have the BF3 graphics or gameplay, it's comparing apples to oranges. This is a COMPLETELY different game than BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                IMO this is the best F2P game available and while it doesn't have the BF3 graphics or gameplay, it's comparing apples to oranges. This is a COMPLETELY different game than BF3.
                Those familiar with the PS franchise know it, but all I remember hearing about this game was how it was going to CRUSH BF3 in gameplay, action, and scale.

Best F2P game available? I'm trying to think of other F2P games that are shooters and the only that comes to mind is Blacklight Retribution (which is a good game in its own right) which isn't anything like PS2.

Best F2P game would probably be Dota2/LoL or something like that in terms of success.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                  Those familiar with the PS franchise know it, but all I remember hearing about this game was how it was going to CRUSH BF3 in gameplay, action, and scale.
                  If by scale you mean map size, PS2 has BF3 beat hands down.

Comment

If by scale you mean map size, PS2 has BF3 beat hands down.
                    The scale means shit when only a few bases are assaulted a time, you can easily say at least half of the map for most part is unoccupied. Its a shame imo, that PS2's gameplay can't touch BF3. There is no better FPS on the market right now besides BF3 on the PC. I do not consider CoD a valid choice either.

PS2, while I was semi excited for it considering the squad play/team play portion but when I played it when it came out and here recently in the last few days (tried it out on my 680's) the game still felt too stiff for me. I dunno, don't think that game is for me maybe.

edit: being f2p also brings out a bunch of baddies so the audience is varied and half the time people / team mates don't know jack shit what to do.

Comment

Keep in mind that PS2 was released as an unfinished game, so it's hard to compare a game that's unfinished to a game that's finished. Yes, that's Sony's fault for the early release but they wanted to appease the audience playing the beta. I personally could have waited for another year for the game just to have them finish it. But it is improving on a weekly basis and will be 10x the game come December.

Comment

Keep in mind that PS2 was released as an unfinished game, so it's hard to compare a game that's unfinished to a game that's finished. Yes, that's Sony's fault for the early release but they wanted to appease the audience playing the beta. I personally could have waited for another year for the game just to have them finish it. But it is improving on a weekly basis and will be 10x the game come December.
                        No yeah I get that, I read somewhere that the dev's planned outline was to have it out for 2 years before they considered it "done" or something along those lines.

meaning, 2 years of bugfixes/planned updates before they would get it where they would like to have it.

Comment

No yeah I get that, I read somewhere that the dev's planned outline was to have it out for 2 years before they considered it "done" or something along those lines.

meaning, 2 years of bugfixes/planned updates before they would get it where they would like to have it.
                          I heard that, too. Also that the game just presents so much info over the net that ragdoll physics is way too much info for most people's connections to handle, and that it's also a very CPU intensive game as it sits, instead of GPU intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            I heard that, too. Also that the game just presents so much info over the net that ragdoll physics is way too much info for most people's connections to handle, and that it's also a very CPU intensive game as it sits, instead of GPU intensive.
                            I have a 6 core and it doesn't stress it that much even large firefights. edit: I should add, that it doesn't stress my laptops proc as much either, I know the optimization patch was supposed to be in January and i'll admit that I just re-installed it a few weeks ago to try it on my new setup. Did that patch come out in Jan at all? I should probably read the changelogs.

Its sad that we have all this technology and seemingly most dev's don't take advantage over it.

Comment

I have a 6 core and it doesn't stress it that much even large firefights. edit: I should add, that it doesn't stress my laptops proc as much either, I know the optimization patch was supposed to be in January and i'll admit that I just re-installed it a few weeks ago to try it on my new setup. Did that patch come out in Jan at all? I should probably read the changelogs.

Its sad that we have all this technology and seemingly most dev's don't take advantage over it.
                              Not sure. I haven't even installed it yet, just signed up because a couple friends are playing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X