Any excel experts? Cant figure this tihs out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any excel experts? Cant figure this tihs out

I'm working with engine datalogger and after processing the output is a .csv. Currently working with 55 columns (each a different engine parameter), but every log file will have different number of rows (5 second intervals, total time dependent on drive cycle).

I'm trying to build a template that will help sort this stuff out. Sheet 1 of the template file will get the raw .csv pasted into it. Subsequent sheets will be dedicated to engine system groups, so sheet 2 might be "exhaust aftertreatment," sheet 3 might be "fuel system," etc.

What's the easiest single function to have a complete column on sheet 2 match a complete column on sheet 1?
    (I understand that I on sheet 2 I could do "='Sheet1'!A:A" but I'd have to drag that down and fill the entire column on sheet 2 every time, and I couldn't pre-fill the template b/c I never know how many rows of data I'll get.

Does this even make sense?
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 01-18-2018, 02:20 PM.

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
    Not quite. I actually just found it.

To link a column between sheets cppy the entire column, go to where you want it to also live (on sheet 2), "paste special" --> "paste link" button. Then custom format the column to "0;-0;;@" to keep any blank cells from sheet 1 from showing up as a 0 on sheet 2

Comment

Working...
    X