Selling coins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling coins

My fil just passed away a few weeks ago and mom is wanting to get rid of some coins. I have no clue what he had, but here is is quite a bit, as in suit cases of them from over the years from auctions and such. Best to just look up coin shops in Dfw area? Should I start sorting them and take ones of the same in small batches? I really have no clue. I was told a few years back he sold 20k in Morgan dollars since he had so many so I am guessing some good stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

I'm no expert but id like to take a look. I'd be interested in one or two I'm sure. If you just want to get them gone in one big lot I'm not the guy.

Comment

You can get a free offer at Dallas Gold and Silver. A lot of coins have numismatic value beyond their silver or gold value. I buy coins of silver and gold but some are much more valuable based on rarity. One coin I bought last year for $100 would I’d bring almost $200 today. Be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        You can get a free offer at Dallas Gold and Silver. A lot of coins have numismatic value beyond their silver or gold value. I buy coins of silver and gold but some are much more valuable based on rarity. One coin I bought last year for $100 would I’d bring almost $200 today. Be careful.
        Agreed, if you take them to one place you're going to get fucked in some form or fashion for sure.

Comment

I will be going through guns soon, but I know more about them and we will be dividing what we like and I will sell the rest. Maybe then we will dig the coins out and what's in the sage deposit boxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Just do your research on the reputable coin dealers here in the DFW area and those well known in the states. Some of the auction companies can help you on the coins if you think you have some rare ones. Lots of on-line sites can get you in the ballpark on which ones may be worthwhile to take and get appraised.
            Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Working...
            X