Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    I am!

The next morning after I made that post I built a bonding plug. Basically you take a plug and connect the neutral and ground and plug it in to one of the genny slots. My heat fired right up and gained 6 degrees every 30 minutes. Went next door gave them some firewood and my lil buddy heater, then walked over too my neighbors and bullshitted about 30 minutes as the power came on, still cycling some. Also, and the wildest part, while my power was out three days I think my fridge reset and started working again. I unplugged and reset it numerous times with no results so who knows why now.

My electric bill was 68.00. My atmos bill might be a tad hire though.
    I used to have that same little baby generator but the throttle regulator failed and keeping output at a steady voltage was impossible...it would run anywhere from 100 volts AC to 150 volts AC depending on load...I sold it for parts. Picked up a Troy Bilt 13,500 watt last spring for 500 on Craigslist..that thing runs my whole damn house and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Fixed for you, ya fucking Neanderthal.
      Can you at least use spell check and try to also form a legible paragraph, fuck?!

When anyone is a big figure in the public eye, any little move they make either good or bad, will be noticed by the World.
      Ted Cruz went to Cancun Mexico for what reason, we will never know.
      Why don't we look to see if he used his personal vacation time or PTO or if he used taxpayer money?
      People griping about other peoples personal business is frustrating to read. Those people that are complaining like to keep reading into other folks private affairs.
      Can we just all try and get along, we should make love not war with one another.
      I can do what I want. Ill keep you reading my post. Go make me some rice and beans.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        Go make me some rice and beans.
        ROFL!!
        WH

Comment

• Jesus christ. Some of you people went full retard trying to support Teddy bear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Jesus christ. Some of you people went full retard trying to support Teddy bear.
            Ted Cruz is an asshole and he tells people in the Senate exactly the same shit as I would tell them. He has my respect for doing that.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Jesus christ. Some of you people went full retard trying to support Teddy bear.
              I mean.. he doesn't even need support. Everyone in TX would've gone to some tropical paradise rather than sit through this shit, if they could've. Course, it's not like he left the state when the going suddenly got rough. Guy lives in DC, he's a senator. He kinda has to be there.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Ted Cruz is an asshole and he tells people in the Senate exactly the same shit as I would tell them. He has my respect for doing that.
              This.
              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Summary:

Same for pharmaceutical sales. If drug companies make more in profit than they pay in lawsuits, then its worth it to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  When my shit was freezing up at 2am and the power was out, Ted Cruz couldn't help me. It was up to me. If you think Ted Cruz or any other politician is going to do anything but get you a few federal dollars then you are weak ass bitch who should move your shit to Vermont to live with the other bitches. The idea that politicians are going to solve your problems for you is a huge part of what is wrong with this country and it stems from the idea that just about everyone these days thinks they are a special snowflake and that they matter. That's bullshit, these people don't even know you exist. If you want help, help yourself and thank God that you have the means and ability to do so. Then help your fucking neighbors and stop being a lazy fuck.

Agreed. It’s always somebody else’s fault/responsibility. [emoji849]

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    Agreed. It’s always somebody else’s fault/responsibility. [emoji849]
                    So who was watching his house. He knew about the rollout blackout. Was he not worried about his home freezing???

Comment

• There are now pictures of Ted Cruz handing out water. So I guess the human livestock can feel better about what their "leader" is doing.

Take note that he really hasn't done shit.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• We were lucky that we didn't lose power the whole time. Apparently there's somebody with some clout at ONCOR that lives nearby that they didn't want to hit with the rolling blackouts. We were without water for almost 2 whole days, and having to melt snow and ice to keep water in the horse troughs the last night was a beating, but overall it could've been a lot worse
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          There are now pictures of Ted Cruz handing out water. So I guess the human livestock can feel better about what their "leader" is doing.

Take note that he really hasn't done shit.
                          And THIS is what politics (and life in general) has become, OPTICS . "look at me". Meanwhile both parties are selling our asses down the river.

Comment

• It was not a big deal. Inconvenient and a little uncomfortable, but if you cannot figure out how to survive a few days like this, and are relying on a government to save you, then you have much bigger things to worry about than politics.

It's funny, all I took away from all of this were a few ideas I could implement to be more comfortable should this happen again. A little more water on reserve; Ensure I keep a stash of batteries and whatnot that is not comingled with every day use stuff; better / more interesting games or activities to do (dice and cards got old) you know, little things. Actual 'survival' was never even a minor concern. The most challenging part was digging through camping gear to pull out lights, heaters, solar panels, etc.. And dealing with the boredom. Holy shit was it boring. I even shoveled all the snow in the driveway and sidewalks because I was so bored (plus it's a free way to keep warm).
                            Last edited by Chili; 02-21-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Oh, also a weather radio and a cell signal booster. Holy shit I never realized that we had garbage service here via Verizon until wifi went down. lol

We could text, and once in a while we could get IG to refresh, but forget about getting on actual websites. :/

I'll probably end up getting a small-ish 12v TV too, like something for an RV. I can use it with my van battery bank in these scenarios (rather than trying to power the 70") plus I can take it camping. MAYBE a generator and extra fuel, though I really didn't 'need' it. It would have been nice to be able to run the house heat (gas) as the gas fireplace didn't heat shit. I mean, not 24/7 but just to take the chill off here and there.

Comment

• I am considering getting a larger battery bank. Right now I just have this Yeti 400 setup, though I have added a couple extra batteries. The batteries are 33Ah each, so I have just under 100Ah. I wouldn't mind getting close to 200Ah.

The sun wasn't the greatest so my 100w solar was only giving 50 watts or so, but it still worked fine. We also have a couple portable batter packs (from 10,000mAh to 30,000mAh) that we used for the cell phones.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X