Look at this straight razor I got today at a garage sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at this straight razor I got today at a garage sale

I was buying old fishing stuff at this garage sale this morning. I'm a sucker for antique metal boxes especially tackle boxes. this knife was in one of 'em. pretty neat even in the original box!

W. H.Morley & Sons were in business C. 1913 - 1927 in Germany - marks included the four-leafed clover. The handle is made of celluloid (Celluloid, the first synthetic plastic material)

via Imgflip Meme Generator

via Imgflip Meme Generator

That's a sweet find. I bet that is worth something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Outstanding find. You can remove the rust with a 10 to 1 mixture of water and blackjack molasses. The blade is soft iron and will sharpen easily. Learning to shave with it is a challenge. I learned by shaving an inflated balloon; once you can scrape off all of the shaving cream without popping the balloon you are ready for having a go at your face

FYI: Bakelite was the first synthetic plastic.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Outstanding find. You can remove the rust with a 10 to 1 mixture of water and blackjack molasses. The blade is soft iron and will sharpen easily. Learning to shave with it is a challenge. I learned by shaving an inflated balloon; once you can scrape off all of the shaving cream without popping the balloon you are ready for having a go at your face

FYI: Bakelite was the first synthetic plastic.
        nah i don't clean antique knives. it ruins the value

your right bakelite was the first. boy that celluloid plastic is some weird stuff after doing a in-depth search i found allot of interesting reading about it

Comment

Ve shall shave ze Jews!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            nah i don't clean antique knives. it ruins the value

your right bakelite was the first. boy that celluloid plastic is some weird stuff after doing a in-depth search i found allot of interesting reading about it
            Cue balls made from celluloid can smoke when you hit them hard and even explode.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Cue balls made from celluloid can smoke when you hit them hard and even explode.
              that's crazy

Comment

Working...
              X