Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you HP. Damn you to Hell.

<rant>

So a guy at our other office calls and says, "Hey this message about the CMOS battery being dead is popping up when I try to boot." He's got this old HP DV9000 that we bought him forever ago.

Cool, I have a bajillion CR2032 batteries laying around that I can put in there. Go pick it up, bring it back to my office, open it up......BAM. Proprietary CMOS battery. Mother of fuck.

WHY!? Why the bloody hell do computer companies do this shit to us desktop support guys (I know why, but it fucking sucks)? FUCK. Now I get to order one for like, 5 bucks off eBay or some other such website.

Sigh

</rant off>

At least it's still running, we have a dv9 that runs hot as hell. i'm convinced the cpu has minimal heat transfer stuff on it, but you have to take the whole fukcing computer apart (screen included) to get down to it.

when i did break/fix in IT @ IBM the thinkpads were like 8 screws and the keyboard cover and BAM you were in there. fuck hp indeed.

Comment

Solder some trace wires to the batt you have.
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Solder some trace wires to the batt you have.
        I would, but it's not my money I'm spending. The company can pay for it, I just hate proprietary shit.

Comment

drop it in a bathtub. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
          X