No announcement yet.

iPhone5 users, few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife has a Iphone and i dont get all the hoopla.

Comment

Love mine. Battery life is a bit short.
      Photobucket

Comment

Below is something I yanked from another thread where I posted it...

Alright, I've been on the Android bandwagon for 5 years or so. However, the slow accumulation of Macbook Pros, iPads and putting family on the iPhones - bit the bullet on an iPhone 5.

It's like a Glock vs XD/Other gun. I just don't get the haterade on either side. Admittedly I've only been on the iPhone side for a week, but here is the quickest summary I can do...

In no real order

iPhone Pros:
        Seems like most apps are similar across both platforms, but it seems like they did a better job of polishing up the iPhone apps compared to droid.

I run NO battery preservation apps and the battery life is phenomenal (sp?) compared to any Droid I had, running JuiceDefender highly customized and tweaked.

iTunes - yeah, I just discovered the joy of it with iCloud and having numerous Apple devices

I have 2 newer model Hondas and their iXXXX integration is really good, so I enjoy this aspect. Compared to bluetooth only via android.

Siri is very useful compared to the spotty usefulness/functionality of any android device I had. IMO, android did this better and first - but Siri is better at this stage.

Facetime

Overall, less glitches. I'm not saying bugs or terrible things - just the little things.

iPhone Cons:
        Less customization - I miss widgets

There are several apps out there that allow you some control of your android via web browser. Whether that's moving files around, sending text...etc - I can't find any of this for the iPhone

Screen interaction seems better on the android devices. Meaning, most things the touch screen is fine on the iphone - but sometimes you have to tap in the general area to get what you want.

I miss the back button

I miss the micro usb charger compared to having the 30 pin AND new adapters

It's an iPhone...feel a bit like a sheeple now

------

Otherwise, they are different and that's it. Depending on the person buying, I'd recommend different phones but I can understand why anyone would prefer one of the other. I just don't get why people fiercely defend one vs the other.

Comment

Iphone cost you 100.00 more for every 16gb of memory, I can pick up a 32gb micro sd card at frys for less than 30.00.
          I had a iphone 3 for a while gave it to the wife, I like to be able to mod my phone, I'm always flashing a different rom, and modems. xda-developers.com is the shits..

Comment

Working...
          X