Nexus 7 users and Tx Redneck, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexus 7 users and Tx Redneck, need help

I've been having an issue with my Nexus 7 where the Display Timeout keeps reverting back to 30 seconds rather than the 10 minutes I keep it set at. This has been occurring since I did the 4.2 upgrade a month ago. Did some Googling and couldn't find anything and I even posted on XDA and the only responses I got were to do a reset. I eventually gave in and did the reset and I was bliss for a few weeks until sometime earlier this week and now I'm back to a 30 second Display Timeout. Any ideas on this? Although doing the reset isn't really that big of a deal I'm looking for a more permanent fix.

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I've been having an issue with my Nexus 7 where the Display Timeout keeps reverting back to 30 seconds rather than the 10 minutes I keep it set at. This has been occurring since I did the 4.2 upgrade a month ago. Did some Googling and couldn't find anything and I even posted on XDA and the only responses I got were to do a reset. I eventually gave in and did the reset and I was bliss for a few weeks until sometime earlier this week and now I'm back to a 30 second Display Timeout. Any ideas on this? Although doing the reset isn't really that big of a deal I'm looking for a more permanent fix.
    got any apps installed that could mess with that? did you do a full reset?

Comment

Did a full reset and reinstalled my apps a week ago and it was working fine. Today it's back to a 30 second Display Timeout. SOB! Can't think of any apps that might be causing it and because it takes so long for the problem to start happening again. Shit I hate to root and put a different ROM on it for this one stupid problem

Comment

I just got one for my wife. Lemme see if I can induce the problem, if I can we'll compare apps and see if the culprit is the same.

Fwiw, I unlocked and rooted hers as soon as I got home from the store, no custom rom as of yet.

If you can, gimmea list of apps you have installed and I'll look through them to see what *could manipulate the screen timeout.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

mine defaults to 2 minutes timeout under settings/display/sleep setting. I just set it to 10 minutes, restarted and checked again and its still at 10 minutes. Just put it back to 2 minutes to save battery life. So it doesnt default back right away, it takes a while?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            I just got one for my wife. Lemme see if I can induce the problem, if I can we'll compare apps and see if the culprit is the same.

Fwiw, I unlocked and rooted hers as soon as I got home from the store, no custom rom as of yet.

If you can, gimmea list of apps you have installed and I'll look through them to see what *could manipulate the screen timeout.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
            Probably going to root mine tonight or tomorrow and maybe a reset as well and see how it goes. I'll put together an app list and see if you can figure out anything from it and see how it goes after the root. At first I thought it might have been Juice Defender but it still reverted the display to 30 seconds after removing it.

Comment

To root, you have to unlock the bootloader and doing so resets it anyhow. Make sure you backup anything you're not willing to lose to DB/GD first.

Comment

Damndest thing happened to me today. So I never did anything about this problem, basically leaving the device unrooted, stock, and never did a reset or anything. Did a bunch of updates yesterday to apps I have installed and used it a little last night so I didn't really notice it but now it's not defaulting to the 30 second display time out and staying with the 10 minute I set it to. Weird. Guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Comment

You on the 4.2.1 update now?

Comment

Yes, for a while now since it came out.

Comment

SOB I'm having the problem again after working perfectly all day yesterday. I think I did some updates last night to which has me wondering if it's something that updated. Think it's time to root.

Comment

Quick question. Where you work, do they use Microsoft Exchange, and do you have that email account configured on your Nexus? I'm asking because my company has a policy that pushes out to android devices that reverts it to the 30 second idle time-out/lock when not in use when it registers with the Exchange server.

Comment

No just using personal email (Gmail). This is not a work device.

Comment

Then I got nothing, sorry.

Comment

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X