transferring profile to new phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transferring profile to new phone

I have a motorola atrix hd and cracked it so now have a new one (same model). Is there an easy way to get all the stuff transferred? I rooted the first one but realized I didn't ever use anything so will not be rooting this one. Is there any software I can use to make this quick and painless?

Did you save your contacts to your google email?

Comment

yes I have contacts saved via gmail and outlook (for work) but my apps, they layout, pics, ringtones, and other settings is what I was hoping to keep. Just a pain to redo it all if I can avoid it.

Comment

If your device is rooted, you can. Depending on the recovery you install, its pretty easy. I just had this exact issue this morning, once I got the new phone, I did a completely restore which restored it to the exact same as my previous phone.
        2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
          If your device is rooted, you can. Depending on the recovery you install, its pretty easy. I just had this exact issue this morning, once I got the new phone, I did a completely restore which restored it to the exact same as my previous phone.
          My old (cracked one) is/was rooted but decided against rooting the new one since its a company phone. I dont really need it rooted so playing it safe. I did get my backup from the app store and used it. the free one lets you back up everything but you have to pay $5 to get the pro to actually transfer. I broke down and did it and got it all done. all I had to do was replace my icons on my home screens so it was probably worth it. Plus from now on I'll keep it backed up to the cloud.

Just figured I'd throw this out there in case someone else has the same issue

Comment

Working...
          X