Samsung Galaxy Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy Note

Anyone have one or had a chance to play with one and have a hands on opinion of it?
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

A+ and CBRJames have one. I know several others that have it and they love it.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Nope, but I'm waiting for one to come to Sprint so I can tell AT&T to go fuck themselves.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

The note just seems like a waste to me but I have never messed with one. Its so big it looks really goofey as a phone and its so small it must not be as good of a tablet as a 10" galaxy tab. I just dont get it but I guess it could work for some.

Comment

Well, i went from an iphone 4 to my Note. I absolutely love it. Yeah, it's big, but watching youtube vids, movies, etc make it noce. Picture is vibrant and clear. And it does seem alot faster than my iphone was. The size does have its drawbacks when driving. I'm not much of one to text, or talk when i'm driving, but when i have to, i have to wait til i'm at a stop light or something. Maybe if you have larger hands than my small Asian hands it won't be a problem. But all in all i love it!

Comment

I don't have one, but a close friend does, and I've had a chance to mess with it. The only drawback in my opinion, is that it is too large to use one handed. If you have to type, or open apps, you have to use two hands with it. Other than that, it's fast, has a crisp and huge display, and there's always the advantage of the customability of android.

One more thing, in my opinion, the phone isn't as well built as the iPhone. It feels a little more "plasticy" and not as sturdy, but asthetics and looks are always subjective.

Comment

i just don't get why someone would want a phone that is so large...it doesn't look to be convenient in the slightest. you can't put it in your pocket, you have to have shaq hands to hold it, etc. i guess people are buying it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                i just don't get why someone would want a phone that is so large...it doesn't look to be convenient in the slightest. you can't put it in your pocket, you have to have shaq hands to hold it, etc. i guess people are buying it, though.
                I had no problem slipping it into any of my pockets, including my shirt pocket, but it does stick out from a shirt pocket about half an inch.

The reason my buddy got it, is that he already was lugging around both an iPhone and an iPad, and he wanted something that allowed him to combine the two. Watching videos on it, or surfing the internet is quite nice... other than that, it's really no better than your standard run of the mill android smartphone.

Comment

One of the dfwm baller tech guys just needs to create a app that opens the phone and texting screens in 3.5" format and let you drag them to whatever corner you choose . I'll take 20% gross for the idea thank you .
                  The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                    Unless you're wearing girl jeans, i don't see how you say you can't put it in your pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
                      Unless you're wearing girl jeans, i don't see how you say you can't put it in your pockets.
                      because i'm not 6'5 and 300lbs?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        because i'm not 6'5 and 300lbs?
                        Neither am I

Also, one thing i don't like is the battery life sucks balls!

Comment

Even with the 2500mAh battery the life is bad? That's surprising
                          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                            Even with the 2500mAh battery the life is bad? That's surprising

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
                              i'm just assuming that you can't fit it in a pocket...it sounds like you can. it looks huge, though! it's funny how phones were getting smaller and smaller, but now it's going in reverse. eventually i guess we can all carry a 40" led/lcd phone in a wagon behind us.

Comment

Working...
                              X