Virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus?

Hell, i dont know. My laptop has been installing this update over and over again.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I click to install then the updates are back the next day. Ive done all kinds of crap to try and remove or stop this thing from updating but it still comes back. WTF is it? Has anyone ever had this problem?
    .....bro....

.NET is a mess. What OS are you on? If the installation fails, then it can fuck up .Net and it will keep trying to reinstall the update but fail every time. Search for the .Net repair tool and download it from Microsoft, run it, and then try the update again. I'll search for a link for you.

Edit: Here it is http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30135

Just download that, run it, and try Windows Updates again.
    Last edited by Ratt; 01-24-2013, 08:34 AM. Reason: Add link

Comment

Win.7
      Thanks! I was about to hit the hay but ill give it a whirl now.
      .....bro....

Comment

looks like it worked! thanks chief!

edit.
        maybe not...
        .....bro....

Comment

Aww, sorry man. That worked for me and all of my clients.

Except for one computer. I had to uninstall .NET completely, all versions of it, use a third party .NET cleanup tool, then reinstall them one by one, patching each after I installed it before installing the next. That sucked, it took three hours. That was an XP machine, though, so I don't think you are having the same issue they were experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Aww, sorry man. That worked for me and all of my clients.

Except for one computer. I had to uninstall .NET completely, all versions of it, use a third party .NET cleanup tool, then reinstall them one by one, patching each after I installed it before installing the next. That sucked, it took three hours. That was an XP machine, though, so I don't think you are having the same issue they were experiencing.
            Its cool. at least i can still use my computer. i ran that program again and it says it fixed the problem but when i close that window and open updates again, there it is.wtf?
            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
              Its cool. at least i can still use my computer. i ran that program again and it says it fixed the problem but when i close that window and open updates again, there it is.wtf?
              You still gotta apply the updates after running the tool. All the tool does is remove some log files that say it wasn't installed or that it was partially installed so that it can reinstall correctly.

Comment

Unless you NEED .net for a certain program, uninstall it.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

You still gotta apply the updates after running the tool. All the tool does is remove some log files that say it wasn't installed or that it was partially installed so that it can reinstall correctly.
                  yeah, ive done it a few times already. thanks
                  Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  Unless you NEED .net for a certain program, uninstall it.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
                  i dont think i need it. do i?
                  .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                    yeah, ive done it a few times already. thanks

i dont think i need it. do i?
                    Is it a personal PC? If so, more than likely not.

Comment

Is it a personal PC? If so, more than likely not.
                      Personal. Im restoring the. Net program again and im going to try this one more time. If it fails, which most likely it will, ill remove it. What's it for anyway?

edit:
                      it went away but now after a reboot, my computer says it has never had any updates and its asking me if i would like to look for updates. i think i wont, for now.
                      Last edited by A+; 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM.
                      .....bro....

Comment

Just do it and deselect all the .net updates.

Comment

I wanna devise a virus to bring dire straits to your environment. Crush your corporations with a mild touch, trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                            I wanna devise a virus to bring dire straits to your environment. Crush your corporations with a mild touch, trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus.
                            In time.......in time......
                            .....bro....

Comment

shit came back. I uninstalled, now all is well.....for now.
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X