LS swap '60 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    you are correct on the 60 we aren't putting it in the filter area and you are right the temps will be different because of the heat coming off of the radiator, but for now that's the way it is set up. maybe one of these days it will get changed.

the GTO does have the IAT in line between the IC and the TB about 6 inches from the TB.(in the 90 coming out of the TB )
    can't believe you are seeing that low of IAT's with the gto. once my car is warm the IAT's are pretty much always over 100* hovering normally around 110-120*

Comment

• I'll pay attention to it next time I drive and see how it does.. the 60's were on the way home from Austin in the rain but I have yet to see it over 104
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Car is very cool. I'm partial to 2dr wagons and deliveries. Hopefully you guys have more luck with this 4L60 than the other one!

I didn't realize there was so much HATE for the hamb over here. You'd have to be a complete moron to think a '70s street freak LS swap '60 Chevy would go over well on a "traditional pre-1965" car forum. Plastic intake cover? Conical air filter? Really? C'mon, you know you LS guys go over there just to rile them up. There are thousands of internet forums to discuss that car on (like this one) but the hamb has its rules and you know that car doesn't fit over there.

The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That's right; TRADITIONAL. If you've come...

"The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That’s right – TRADITIONAL. And we aren’t talking Beach Boys and poodle skirts here fellas. If you are into a-side 50’s pop, lawn chairs, ruler contests, and all things that make hot rodding warm and cozy then you might want to find another message board. If you aren’t sure what we mean by “traditional”, then you might think twice as well. If you’ve come here to set a rep, talk some shit, and make some fun then you had better turn around right now."
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Car is very cool. I'm partial to 2dr wagons and deliveries. Hopefully you guys have more luck with this 4L60 than the other one!

I didn't realize there was so much HATE for the hamb over here. You'd have to be a complete moron to think a '70s street freak LS swap '60 Chevy would go over well on a "traditional pre-1965" car forum. Plastic intake cover? Conical air filter? Really? C'mon, you know you LS guys go over there just to rile them up. There are thousands of internet forums to discuss that car on (like this one) but the hamb has its rules and you know that car doesn't fit over there.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=44274
          Well stated Danny! A complete Moron, lmao .

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
            Well stated Danny! A complete Moron, lmao .
            with friends like John who needs enemies

Comment

• LOL I knew that would get ya going

Comment

• LOL

I didn't realize I had worded it quite that strongly, lmao!
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Which harness did you end up using on this car ? And what radiator is that ? Is it a universal radiator, or is it made specifically for a '60 Chevy ?

I'm going to have to have you and John put together a list of everything I need to get for the motor to put in the wagon when the time comes. Also, who can put the cam/springs, etc in for me ?

-Aaron

Comment

• The radiator is for a 60 chevy I jut got one that has both in in and out on the pass side ( eBay)

The harness is from PSI Conversion harnesses

Comment

• Any updates on this? What fuel pump did you use? I could have sworn, you posted a list of common used LSx swap parts but I can't find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                        Any updates on this? What fuel pump did you use? I could have sworn, you posted a list of common used LSx swap parts but I can't find it.
                        I think they used an inline Walbro 255lph pump on this one, but his GTO has a Bosch 044 if I remember correctly.
                        Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                          I think they used an inline Walbro 255lph pump on this one, but his GTO has a Bosch 044 if I remember correctly.

Correct dad's 60 had the walbro and my GTO has the bosch 044

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• LS swap '60 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Edit
                            Oops. Wrong thread .... Posting in my build thread instead

Comment

Working...
                            X