What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I stopped last night on a positive. The laptop and ecu were communicating and all the sensors seemed to be returning the right signal to the ecu.

Today we are gonna bust it off.

The garage heater is warming the place up. The battery charged and sat on the maintainer all night. The GoPro is charged. I have had my coffee. And David (cobrajet69) is on his way over.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Lmao^^^^

Comment

• Good luck man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Better take some anxeity meds. Youll need them when you turn the key.

Comment

• Can't wait for the vid!

Comment

• and theeeeeeeenn......

Comment

• Well.
                    ......it turns over, gets spark, gets fuel, everything is reading but can't get to fire and idle. My guess is that it is a timing issue. But what to start adjusting from the base?:
                    1. Set cam sensor with Ford tool on the #1 tdc
                    2. Set crank sensor on the 5th tooth of the reluctor wheel

David and I tried moving the crank sensor both ways from the #5 tooth and doesn't seem to matter either way. There is some ignition of cylinders but not enough to keep it running. I am sure it will be something simple. I just have to find it.

The battery is charging right now. If someone smarter than me (anyone here clearly) wants to come take a look feel free.

Comment

• Are you still trying?

I would love to hear that thing again.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Are you still trying?

I would love to hear that thing again.
                        Thanks for coming over Charles and helping me bounce this around outside of my pea brain.

We were able to get a little further. We got it closest to starting after we adjusted the crank sensor on the wheel to fire the number 1 cylinder at 0* on the balancer and verified number 5 was firing at 90*; engine not running.

It still feels like we are dumping too much fuel and the timing is too high, popping in the exhaust.

But wearing out that battery and starter trying to get it running. So the battery is on charge for the rest of the night.

Ugh. There is always tomorrow.

Comment

• Boy, the amount of data and parameters in the Holley EFI is amazing. And coming from the "outside", it was mind-numbing. Sorry I was initially overwhelmed. I think we made a little progress. I sure wish we could have got it running. You're welcome, for sure.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• So we didn't get it started last night. Then at midnight it hit me as I was reading; cam sensor is installed wrong. It needs to be installed at 95 degrees before top dead center. It can be off by as much as 30 degrees and still run which is why it is so close to starting. After church!

Comment

• Be careful dumping too much fuel on startup/idle. There's a guy on stangnet who build an incredible fobra/331/turbo/IRS car and was using a PMS system with wayyyy too much fuel at idle and washed down his cylinders to the point where he had to bore it .10 and get new pistons and rings on a brand new motor. Glad to hear you made progress, let's see a startup vid!
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                Be careful dumping too much fuel on startup/idle. There's a guy on stangnet who build an incredible fobra/331/turbo/IRS car and was using a PMS system with wayyyy too much fuel at idle and washed down his cylinders to the point where he had to bore it .10 and get new pistons and rings on a brand new motor. Glad to hear you made progress, let's see a startup vid!
                                Running way to lean if anything. AFR is actual above 17 at idle, target is 13.5. I have lots of tuning to do but hoping I can figure out the "learn table" and transfer to base.

From the camera. I need to pull from the GoPro but the battery was dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X