Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should square this away...

Flag protection act of 1989

18 U.S. Code ยง 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties

(a)
    (1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
    (2) This subsection does not prohibit any conduct consisting of the disposal of a flag when it has become worn or soiled.
    (b) As used in this section, the term “flag of the United States” means any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, in a form that is commonly displayed.
    (c) Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to deprive any State, territory, possession, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico of jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section.
    (d)
    (1) An appeal may be taken directly to the Supreme Court of the United States from any interlocutory or final judgment, decree, or order issued by a United States district court ruling upon the constitutionality of subsection (a).
    (2) The Supreme Court shall, if it has not previously ruled on the question, accept jurisdiction over the appeal and advance on the docket and expedite to the greatest extent possible.
    Last edited by SVTNorthTexas; 09-23-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

And totally unconstitutional.

Flag Protection Act of 1989 Andrew C. Spiropoulos Source for information on Flag Protection Act of 1989: Major Acts of Congress dictionary.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

True, that's what I was posting about when I indicated Congress used to have laws prohibiting desecration of the American flag, but the SCOTUS ruled otherwise. I seriously doubt any future attempts by Congress will be made to change that, so as not to offend any important voter pools.

Comment

Laws like that clearly violate the first amendment.

Comment

He just needs a good ole ass kicking right there in front of the kids. This kind of disrespect shouldn't be tolerated. The amount of personal sacrifice our flag represents is incomprehensible, and any disrespect should be dealt with swiftly.....from his fellow citizens. If not, we really don't have anything left to protect.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
              He just needs a good ole ass kicking right there in front of the kids. This kind of disrespect shouldn't be tolerated. The amount of personal sacrifice our flag represents is incomprehensible, and any disrespect should be dealt with swiftly.....from his fellow citizens. If not, we really don't have anything left to protect.
              He got all butthurt by having his First Amendment rights demonstration videoed by one of students, whom he promptly wanted to see punished for violation of county laws. Tough guy picking on a student who is made to attend his class, even though he's legally able to do so, and little doubt he did it in retribution for getting suspended himself. In cases like this I'm glad to see cell phone video posted up for others to enjoy, and kudos to the student.

Comment

Working...
              X