No announcement yet.

Does anyone Roomba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fwiw I found putting the base somewhere the IR is more visible helped mitigate mine not finding the dock (which only happened once)

Comment

I think I'm going to try out one of those Botvacs if I can find one on sale.

I don't need it to do 100% of the cleaning, but a daily run while at work would drastically cut down on the amount of dog hair in my house. My boxer sheds like a mother fucker. There's enough to make pillows at the end of each day.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I think I'm going to try out one of those Botvacs if I can find one on sale.

I don't need it to do 100% of the cleaning, but a daily run while at work would drastically cut down on the amount of dog hair in my house. My boxer sheds like a mother fucker. There's enough to make pillows at the end of each day.
        I dont regret my purchase one bit. I really wished I bought one sooner.

Comment

How does it do with pet hair? My dog sheds quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
            The roomba does good for that. I have a long haired cat that sheds something awful.

Comment

Cat and dog hair are the sole reason we got ours. That said only the master bedroom has carpet and it's upstairs. I haul the thing up there once a week or so and it does a great job as well.

Comment

Love my roomba 880 uses the app, clean out the dirt trap and go. It does get hung some on recliners and stuff. The key is to prep your house for it. We shut all the doors to keep out of bathrooms atcha, just let it do the major traffic open areas. Does great.

Comment

So we should change this thread to the how do you keep your dog haired house clean because we're too lazy to sweep and vacuum, huh?
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    So we should change this thread to the how do you keep your dog haired house clean because we're too lazy to sweep and vacuum, huh?
                    I can think of many things I'd rather be doing than sweeping and vacuuming. Does it make one lazy because they work smarter and not harder?? Time is money!!

Comment

I have 2 long haired Saint Bernards...they probably shed more than anyone elses dogs here. These things rock. Id really suggest getting one of the vacuums with the rubber blades and not the bristles or you will be cutting the dog hair out.

This is about a daily occurrence at my house

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                        SO our down stairs has the master bedroom, living, kitchen, entry way, utility, and 2 dining rooms. The first time I tested it i divided it into three equally spaced out areas...
                        So which one did you end up going with?

Also this thread makes me glad I don't do the whole indoor animal thing. No thanks!! Also I can smell it when I go over to a friend's house that has them. They'll of course say there is no smell, but you can smell the animals, as soon as you walk in. No way around it. Got a lab but he stays in the kennel in the backyard.
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          So which one did you end up going with?

Also this thread makes me glad I don't do the whole indoor animal thing. No thanks!! Also I can smell it when I go over to a friend's house that has them. They'll of course say there is no smell, but you can smell the animals, as soon as you walk in. No way around it. Got a lab but he stays in the kennel in the backyard.
                          I got the 860, it has the upgraded battery, can schedule it for each day, has the improved cleaning system, and has the rubber extractors so it does not tangle at all. We do not have indoor pets, but i do have a wife with incredibly long hair!

A big con is people say it has a small debris bin, all i gotta say is if you DO NOT have an indoor animal and it vacuums 3-5 times a week and it still fills up...change your lifestyle!

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                            I have 2 long haired Saint Bernards...they probably shed more than anyone elses dogs here. These things rock. Id really suggest getting one of the vacuums with the rubber blades and not the bristles or you will be cutting the dog hair out.

This is about a daily occurrence at my house

I'll argue with you on that. My German Shepherd sheds so much that vacuuming daily is a necessity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              I'll argue with you on that. My German Shepherd sheds so much that vacuuming daily is a necessity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                              lol... and that is why I bought this thing. We did vacuum every day (now it vacuums every day) for a few years.

Comment

Damn. This thing picked up so much dirt that... it should have left some. It was like a compacted brick in there. After one full vacuuming of the house. And you'd have thought the floors were pretty clean. Ended up going with the Roomba 980 After a couple more days of research. Seems to go back to base pretty well.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X