LEO/Security peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO/Security peeps

I am starting to see an increase in theft at my job sites. We have live security cameras, however, we don't have anything that will get a good show of a license plate. We are talking with the owner of the development trying to secure permission to install cameras at the entrances so that we can get them down low so that we can get some clear shots of LP's.

Any recommendations on cameras for this purpose?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Someone rents some mobile units that light up like a stadium and take some super high def pictures. They also have companies that monitor them and will notify the police when they see anything. A lot of times though it is the workers.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

yeah, 99% of the time it is a worker, or a worker is the spotter. We prefer to have equipment that we can move from job to job and not deal with monitoring service. I nailed the last thief using this method. I get a nice personal satisfaction knowing that I nailed the MF'ers myself.

I've got a solid description of the truck, good screen shots, I just haven't been able to get a good shot of the LP to give the investigator.

I'm currently working on sorting through camera footage from Friday morning to see what I can come up with from the latest round.

Comment

Don't know if this would help or not...but I bought a set of HD Samsung brand Cameras for my local VFW post. They have night vision and work very well.
        Not sure how many you need but I believe this set of 10 was around $700 and came with a DVR for recording. I bought them at Sams.

Comment

It is all about shutter speed to get the lp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
            Don't know if this would help or not...but I bought a set of HD Samsung brand Cameras for my local VFW post. They have night vision and work very well.
            Not sure how many you need but I believe this set of 10 was around $700 and came with a DVR for recording. I bought them at Sams.
            I'm only in need of a couple, really, just need to know what to tell my camera guy to buy. He isn't an IT/security guru by any means, though he has gotten our jobsite cameras figured out pretty well. Good picture and wifi access.

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            It is all about shutter speed to get the lp.

Thank you, I'm assuming with video footage it would be FPS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Would game cameras work? You could mount them low and are motion detecting.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                Would game cameras work? You could mount them low and are motion detecting.
                These will be mounted at the entrance to the neighborhood, so they would need to be as inconspicuous as possible for HOA concerns

Comment

Working...
                X