Minor dealer rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    And, the mother f@#@%rs buy their parts from Oriely sometimes. I just happened to be in there on day when the service guy came in to pick up parts. I thought, well that's a bunch of bull shit.
    They do it all the time.

Dealers can get bulk filters and oil cheaper at parts houses than from the manufacturer

I guarantee your Ford doesn't have a motor craft filter on it unless it's specifically noted on the invoice.

Between used car sales and the service department the large car dealers will spend 2-3k a week on just air and oil filters, wipers, and batteries through part stores. Typically oreilleys because they offer perks such as tickets to races and all different sorts of monthly giveaways. 2 years ago I got to go vip into Texas motorspeedway down in the pits and press box because one of the dealers wasn't into nascar

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
      They do it all the time.

Dealers can get bulk filters and oil cheaper at parts houses than from the manufacturer

I guarantee your Ford doesn't have a motor craft filter on it unless it's specifically noted on the invoice.

Between used car sales and the service department the large car dealers will spend 2-3k a week on just air and oil filters, wipers, and batteries through part stores. Typically oreilleys because they offer perks such as tickets to races and all different sorts of monthly giveaways. 2 years ago I got to go vip into Texas motorspeedway down in the pits and press box because one of the dealers wasn't into nascar
      He was buying brake parts. If I want raped by the dealer, I want OEM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

And don't get me started on the filter prices, christ , that was another assault. I'll get them off Amazon from now on..

Comment

Buddy of mine bought a 2018 dodge power wagon, has 4k miles on it now. Noticed an oil leak from the oil cooler. Took 4 trips to 2 different dealers to actually acknowledge the problem and get it fixed. They kept saying "it's just excessive oil, we cleaned it and you're good to go."

No MF, it's still leaking! That's why there are drips in my garage!
          Justin

Comment

They do it all the time.

Only time we ever used an aftermarket filter at the dealer was if it was a used car of another make that we didn't carry. Not sure what dealer are putting crap filters on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

They do it all the time.

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Only time we ever used an aftermarket filter at the dealer was if it was a used car of another make that we didn't carry. Not sure what dealer are putting crap filters on.

Local Ford dealer that I deal with uses Motorcraft (if available) on FoMoCo vehicles, and our (NAPA) filters on everything else. YMMV
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post

There are many dealer chains that offer oil change specials that rival or beat many oil change shops. If you don't get monthly mail from your dealership about specials and trading in your old car, you've gotten lucky.

We bought a 300c last year private party, and we get spammed hard by fca or a local dealer. It's always a Chrysler letter head about good news your car is worth this much in trade on a new car, or spam mail oil change specials with new car special prices on the back side

Comment

Working...
                X