Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which holster are you USING for concealed carry???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mostly use the Galco, good stuff.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD40 Service.
      +1

And I'll tell you why...

Thickness. One thing that's important to me is the overall thickness. Holsters with a single clip right down the middle tend to be really thick. This makes it harder for me to conceal as the resulting bulge on my hip is rather large. Having the clips offset from the pistol keeps the overall thickness to a minimum. Compared to an all leather holster, the Crossbreed Supertuck's Kydex body even reduces that overall holster and gun thickness.

Stability. Two clips are better than one! With a single clip holster, I found myself constantly adjusting it. Every time I stand up or sit down, my hand went right to the hip to make an adjustment. That's exactly how I figured out that this guy in front of me at the comedy theater was carrying. He kept adjusting his right hip every time we stood up during the applause. Two clips keeps things in place.

Adjustability. The clips on the Supertuck can be placed in any one of four holes. That gives you 16 different possibilities. If the 16 settings on the Supertuck are not enough for you, you can easily drill a new hole. My previous holster had three mounting holes per clip for a total of nine settings and you couldn't really make new ones. If you order clips from CompTac, you can have even more holes for adjustment. I did that then eventually trimmed off the excess.

Conformity. The leather back piece on the Supertuck is nice and pliable. It instantly molds to my hip like a glove. My other holster was rather stiff even though it was all leather. The stiffness always created this gap between my body and my waistband just in front of the pistol. I thought it would eventually bend but after months of carrying, it was still stiff. Where this matters a lot is in all day comfort. When you lean up against a wall with your IWB carry, do you feel like you are leaning against a wall with a beer bottle in your waistband? The backing piece on the Supertuck is thick enough to distribute the pressure yet pliable enough to conform to your body. Plus, you can trim the backing piece with a razor blade to make the holster fit you even better. That's something you wouldn't do to a fancy leather "for show" holster.

Quick Draw. The Kydex body allows for a quick and easy draw. My previous all leather holster had a nice tight fit. I wrapped my pistol in a plastic grocery bag folded over a few times and I would leave it in the holster at night. It made the draw a little easier but only if you draw the pistol straight out. If you pulled on the pistol at an angle, it was really tough. I'm sure I could have stretched out the leather even more but then the pistol would fall out. The Kydex body always gives me that reassuring "click" when I holster it yet I can easily draw the pistol out even at odd angles.
      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X