I Plasti Dip'd my friends truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Plasti Dip'd my friends truck...

This is the 2nd vehicle I've done... this shit keeps amazing me... I did my little DD Civic, and now his S-10. He went with Camo Green. Looking for feedback!

Last edited by danielhv; 12-22-2014, 07:15 PM.

What's plasti dip?

Comment

I think it's a type of bedliner.

Op, looks like it laid down nice from what I see.

Comment

How much did it cost in materials to do the dime?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Plasti Dip is a rubber based "paint", spray it on, and when u want it gone, it peels off in solid sheets. You can pretty much make it any color you want, including metallics & pearls. Cool shit. =) Allows you to change the color of your car without messing up the original paint underneath. No sanding, buffing, etc.

Comment

is this stuff pretty durable? does it feel rubbery to the touch, or like paint?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              How much did it cost in materials to do the dime?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
              $288 for the paint plus shipping (He bought 4 gallons.)

Plus tape, plastic, etc. Already had the spray gun setup.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                is this stuff pretty durable? does it feel rubbery to the touch, or like paint?
                Pretty durable... it does feel like a smooth rubbery kinda texture. Not bad though. If a rock chips it, or something like that, it can easily be repaired / touched up.

Comment

hmm...might do some bike parts.

do you have pics of your civic, and do you wash it like normal with the plasti dip?

Comment

I want to see vehicle peeled of this. I wonder how long it takes to get it ALL of it off and what damage is left.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      hmm...might do some bike parts.

do you have pics of your civic, and do you wash it like normal with the plasti dip?
                      Yes you wash it like normal. Give it a week or 2 (depending on weather) before you get rough with it. Here's a couple of pics of my (dirty) Civic.

Comment

Look solid on a 4x4.

Comment

My experience is that when its fairly fresh it peels off fine, but if its been a DD for more than a year it is a PITA to get off.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                            I want to see vehicle peeled of this. I wonder how long it takes to get it ALL of it off and what damage is left.
                            I'll do a video of it this coming weekend. No damage at all - that's the neat part. =) In fact, there are a few dealerships around the country offering these paint jobs as a "dealer option". Some also offer "clear bras" with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              My experience is that when its fairly fresh it peels off fine, but if its been a DD for more than a year it is a PITA to get off.
                              Alot depends on how thick it's sprayed... thicker = better for peeling. Some people have had issues getting it peeled off efficiently because it wasn't sprayed thick enough, so it peels in little tiny pieces instead of big sheets like its supposed to. Worst case scenario, they have a citrus based chemical you can spray on it that will dissolve the dip. Just spray it on, let it sit for 15 mins, then hit it with a pressure washer and its gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X