Does anyone Roomba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone Roomba?

My wife and i both work full time and she is a full time student and with the little 19 month old running around things can get hectic.

Does anyone have a roomba? I have about 1700' downstairs that I am wanting it to take care of, but not sure if it could handle the entire area. Bedroom, living, two dinings, entryway, kitchen, utility rooms. I know you can put up digital walls, but i am wanting it to clean the entire area once or twice a week.

ANy input from owners? People at best buy do not really know anything!

we bought a 650 about a month ago to help keep up with pet hair on floors. it's not going to touch every spot every day, but over a couple days it'll cover the area.

my only complaint with it is that it won't climb stairs and do the rest of my house. can't speak to longevity but it's been a godsend thus far

Comment

I have a Roomba, and I fucking hate it.

It gets stuck/lost all the time. We play "where's the Roomba" every morning. Under the couch, behind the couch, at the edge of the stairs, under my desk, etc. Also, they completely shut off if they run onto a totally black surface. It has something to do with the way they are designed to avoid falling into a hole or off the stairs. It only makes it back to it's dock maybe 1 out of 30 times, so we constantly have to find it, pick it up, and put it back on the dock.

It's LOUD. It sounds like a fighter jet and a crew of men with sledgehammers. It flies around the house with it's loud ass motor banging HARD into everything in its path. BAM BAM BAM! Make sure you never set it to go off in the middle of the night or in the morning before you're awake.

It will go in circles or back and forth in the same area over and over and over and never get anywhere near other parts of the house. It's completely random.

Now, wherever it does go, it cleans well. It cuts down on our sweeping duties on wood floors. But, it's also a pain for all the reasons I listed above. Wasn't cheap, either. Did I mention it's LOUD as shit?

EDIT: I will say that my old lady defends the damn thing. To her, all of those things are worth it because it ultimately does clean pretty well. At the same time, I'm the one who usually rushes to shut it off when it gets started because we're trying to sleep or work or have a conversation, and it's just way too loud. We work from home, though. If you are gone during the day and set it to go off during that time, that shit won't bother you. I'm also the one who hunts for it and puts it back on the dock every day. So, my strong hatred of the little fucker is probably a little extreme. Your mileage may vary.
      Last edited by jluv; 09-14-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        it's loud. It sounds like a fighter jet and a crew of men with sledgehammers. It flies around the house with it's loud ass motor banging hard into everything in its path. Bam bam bam! Make sure you never set it to go off in the middle of the night or in the morning before you're awake.

Did i mention it's loud as shit?
        lolz!

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

No roomba here, my 38 yr old house has a central vac system which is the coolest fucking thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              I have a Roomba, and I fucking hate it.

It gets stuck/lost all the time. We play "where's the Roomba" every morning. Under the couch, behind the couch, at the edge of the stairs, under my desk, etc. Also, they completely shut off if they run onto a totally black surface. It has something to do with the way they are designed to avoid falling into a hole or off the stairs. It only makes it back to it's dock maybe 1 out of 30 times, so we constantly have to find it, pick it up, and put it back on the dock.

It's LOUD. It sounds like a fighter jet and a crew of men with sledgehammers. It flies around the house with it's loud ass motor banging HARD into everything in its path. BAM BAM BAM! Make sure you never set it to go off in the middle of the night or in the morning before you're awake.

It will go in circles or back and forth in the same area over and over and over and never get anywhere near other parts of the house. It's completely random.

Now, wherever it does go, it cleans well. It cuts down on our sweeping duties on wood floors. But, it's also a pain for all the reasons I listed above. Wasn't cheap, either. Did I mention it's LOUD as shit?

EDIT: I will say that my old lady defends the damn thing. To her, all of those things are worth it because it ultimately does clean pretty well. At the same time, I'm the one who usually rushes to shut it off when it gets started because we're trying to sleep or work or have a conversation, and it's just way too loud. We work from home, though. If you are gone during the day and set it to go off during that time, that shit won't bother you. I'm also the one who hunts for it and puts it back on the dock every day. So, my strong hatred of the little fucker is probably a little extreme. Your mileage may vary.
              what model do you have?

Comment

I had a Roomba and a Scooba, both were hunks of shit. I finally got tired of having to clean the sensors on the Roomba and retired it for a Dyson. The Scooba battery would only last for about 10 minutes and the company never answered their phone or e-mails.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  lolz!
                  that had me cracking up up too lol. I like my roomba and it does good but to mitigate most of its faults I dont program it and just start it manually, usually when I leave the house lol

Comment

I have two Neato robots... both worked great at first, but not any more. Customer service/support is non-existent.

mardyn

Comment

Pictures of the wife? It will help me determine what kind of roomba you need

Comment

I have one and agree with jluv. It's not as loud as he makes it seem but it is very fucking loud. I wouldn't count on it doing a whole house but I like to use it one room at a time and I think it works great. It doesn't eliminate the need to sweep but it helps greatly between the sweeping. It helped a lot more when I had an indoor large dog.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                          what model do you have?

Comment

We have had a roomba 880 for about 2 years and it's awesome... We use it on hardwood and have it run three times a week during the day while at work. When we first got it, we ran it in our bedroom that had carpet at the time. Even after vacuuming with our old vacuum, the roomba's bin was full in 5mins... Maybe our corded vacuum was just a POS, but still pretty impressed with how well it cleans.

Not having to sweep up pet hair all the time is awesome

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X