NTTA tolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTTA tolls

I know its been talked about on here before but I cant find anything, can you get arrested for unpaid tolls?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
    I know its been talked about on here before but I cant find anything, can you get arrested for unpaid tolls?
    No

Comment

No, but they can block your vehicle registration renewal from what I understand.

Comment

Arrested and sodomized. Red light camera tickets as well!

Hell no you can't be arrested. The absolute worst thing that can happen is you might get pulled over when actively using the toll road and your car impounded. Tolls are against the car, not the person driving it. Most likely the owner will get a scofflaw notice and have problems registering their car online and eventually be turned over to a collection agency. In extreme cases you could have a civil suit filed against you.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
          No, but they can block your vehicle registration renewal from what I understand.
          well I knew that but I just called them about a $450 invoice I got and told them I have never received any precious invoices and they stated that they would hand it over to DPS and they would issue a citation that would lead to a warrant and be arrested for

Comment

well I knew that but I just called them about a $450 invoice I got and told them I have never received any precious invoices and they stated that they would hand it over to DPS and they would issue a citation that would lead to a warrant and be arrested for
            They'll issue a citation and set you a court date. If you miss the court date you'll probably get a warrant for FTA.

Comment

IMO, their going to get their money one way or another. Might as well just pay before they start racking up ridiculous fees.

Comment

so how can they send me to collections AND send me a citation?

Comment

They omitted a step when telling you that. You would first get a notice to appear in court to settle the fines. Failure to appear is what would result in a bench warrant.

The NTTA is a pretty shady organization. I would address the problem before it escalates.

Comment

So......if you know they charge to use the road, why use the road if you don't intend to pay? There are likely dozens of ways to get to your destination without using a toll road.

Comment

cant pay for something I don't get a bill for, I don't mind paying them but this is the first notice I ever got from them

Comment

cant pay for something I don't get a bill for, I don't mind paying them but this is the first notice I ever got from them
                        Same mind set as someone not paying a utility bill, simply because they didn't get a bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                          Same mind set as someone not paying a utility bill, simply because they didn't get a bill.
                          What if you don't have an account setup and plan to pay by zipcash, you need an invoice ID to do that.

Is it weird to expect an invoice before you pay for something?

Comment

guess I better start looking for a lawyer, I aint paying penalties for invoices I didn't receive.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              What if you don't have an account setup and plan to pay by zipcash, you need an invoice ID to do that.

Is it weird to expect an invoice before you pay for something?
                              IMHO, it is like using electricity all month and not expecting to owe anything because an invoice did not show up. There are signs posted everywhere along the road so once you pass the last free exit, you know at that point. I owe someone for using this road.

Comment

Working...
                              X