Sky Diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Diving

Saw a Groupon for sky diving with a certified instructor for $178. Seemed like a great price.

Anyone ever been or want to go? I think it sounds like a great way to relieve some stress.

Who's down??

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
    Saw a Groupon for sky diving with a certified instructor for $178. Seemed like a great price.

Anyone ever been or want to go? I think it sounds like a great way to relieve some stress.

Who's down??
    Fuck that. Not only would I not go Skydiving, but I damn sure wouldn't go skydiving with a fucking coupon.

Comment

I'm a firm believer in not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Fuck that. Not only would I not go Skydiving, but I damn sure wouldn't go skydiving with a fucking coupon.
        Solid, LMAO

I'm with ^^^^ these guys. If you wanted to come down, why'd you go up in the first place.

Comment

What company is doing the jumps?

I've been with SkyDive Dallas. Had a blast but my nerves were shot for the rest of the day.

Comment

First though here as well, along side toilet paper, skydiving is on my list of things to not cheap out on, as you'll eventually regret it.

Comment

I have about 60 jumps. Don't do tandem, pull your own chute.
              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                What company is doing the jumps?

I've been with SkyDive Dallas. Had a blast but my nerves were shot for the rest of the day.
                Nerves? Adrenaline is a great thing.

I would not cheap out on skydiving. When I was learning, we drove 4 hrs to the place, and passed several cheaper places on the way.

My 2 cents worth is to research the place and like said above, pull your own chute, and enjoy the the adrenaline.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I have done it and glad that I have, would do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    Nerves? Adrenaline is a great thing.

I would not cheap out on skydiving. When I was learning, we drove 4 hrs to the place, and passed several cheaper places on the way.

My 2 cents worth is to research the place and like said above, pull your own chute, and enjoy the the adrenaline.
                    I don't like small planes and I'm admittedly not a fan of heights. I love speed and acceleration and a close friend wanted to go skydiving for his 40th birthday so I went with him. For me, it was more of a bucket list sort of thing, not something I want to take up as a hobby. I'd do it again if friends wanted to go but I'm not planning any trips on my own.

We both chose to go tandem. I would've probably shit my pants on the way up if I was jumping solo the first time. We jumped, did the free fall and then my instructor pulled the chute. After it opened (didn't seem as harsh as I expected), he screams "That was a close one!". He told me after we landed that the chute came out a bit tangled but worked itself out after a few seconds. Had that happened solo and turned for the worse, Lord only knows how I would've reacted.

Comment

Originally posted by coley View Post
                      I have done it and glad that I have, would do it again.
                      Ditto.
                      Did Skydive Dallas. Good people and excellent instructors. Very safe oriented as well.

David

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        I'm a firm believer in not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
                        Thats what you would think.

go to a place and rent a full auto rifle and release that way or get a whore.

Comment

Just get SVO to take you. I'm sure he can take you in his plane and has made over 250 jumps into enemy territory.

Comment

Hopefully it's Skydive Spaceland/Dallas. That's where I did all of my AFF back in '95.

Comment

I did it a couple years back, definitely would do it more often. Skydive 35 was the place I went with a buddy of mine.
                              Allstate Insurance
                              Dominguez Agency
                              1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                              Arlington, TX. 76018
                              817-405-2011
                              tdominguez@allstate.com
                              Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Working...
                              X