Rangers 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
    Darvish signed a 6 year deal with the Cubs that could amount to being $150 Million with added incentives.

Wonder if the Rangers will see about signing Jake Arrietta.
    Thank you Chicago! You can have him!

Comment

And for some reason they came to terms with Trevor Plouffe today? https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...newstopstories

Because we need another utility infielder to backup Profar, Alberto, Middlebrooks and Drew Robinson?

Comment

I'm thinking the Rangers are going to be a dumpster fire.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I'm thinking the Rangers are going to be a dumpster fire.
          It's going to be really tough to beat the Astros but also note that Beltre may be retiring after this season and Elvis can opt out after this year. They are both heavily motivated to win now. DeShields, Mazara and Gallo are all pre arbritration eligible so they are playing for a long term deal.

We have Elvis, Odor, Beltre, Mazara, Gallo, Choo and now Willie Calhoun in a regular lineup. Compare that to the late 90s with Gonzales, Pudge and Rusty Greer and I like our chances. We really didn't have any pitching back then either.

Comment

Our problem has always been pitching.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Time to bring Steve Busbee back to the booth, now that we have a pitcher named "pFister".

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                It's going to be really tough to beat the Astros but also note that Beltre may be retiring after this season and Elvis can opt out after this year. They are both heavily motivated to win now. DeShields, Mazara and Gallo are all pre arbritration eligible so they are playing for a long term deal.

We have Elvis, Odor, Beltre, Mazara, Gallo, Choo and now Willie Calhoun in a regular lineup. Compare that to the late 90s with Gonzales, Pudge and Rusty Greer and I like our chances. We really didn't have any pitching back then either.
                I think if the Rangers aren't contenders then they'll be sellers at the trade deadline. Beltre wants to stay here, but only if the Rangers are contenders. I could see him being traded for prospects. Same could be said about Hamels with next year being a club option.

Wonder if Elvis will opt out? That would be interesting. One thing is for sure is we can't get rid of Choo's contract which is $20 something for the next 3 years I think.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Choo's contract is painful but he's making around the same money as Ellsbury, Werth, Braun, Kemp and Pence. It's about the going rate for a veteran outfielder with some talent.

He'll be mostly a DH this year though which puts him in the Pujols and Cabrera category. I'd much rather have Choo with his $20 million for a couple of years than Cabrera at $30 million for the next 8 or Pujols for $27 million over the next 4. He's never going to win a triple crown but at least he can run the bases and play a position sometimes.

Comment

Bartolo reported in at a svelte 280.....

Comment

Choo's contract is painful but he's making around the same money as Ellsbury, Werth, Braun, Kemp and Pence. It's about the going rate for a veteran outfielder with some talent.

He'll be mostly a DH this year though which puts him in the Pujols and Cabrera category. I'd much rather have Choo with his $20 million for a couple of years than Cabrera at $30 million for the next 8 or Pujols for $27 million over the next 4. He's never going to win a triple crown but at least he can run the bases and play a position sometimes.
                      The thing about Choo's contract is just having that with this team at it's current state. I wish he was a bit durable, but I like how he plays. You're correct on the Pujols and Cabrera contracts. Those will hurt them for a years to come.
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Bush just hosted an AMA on reddit:

One of the more interesting questions is at the end where he sort of admits he beaned Bautista on purpose which I think we all knew already anyway.

Comment

One of the more interesting questions is at the end where he sort of admits he beaned Bautista on purpose which I think we all knew already anyway.
                          Lmao. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Is it also odd that the Rangers signed Jesse Chavez who hit Prince Fielder in that same game.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                              Is it also odd that the Rangers signed Jesse Chavez who hit Prince Fielder in that same game.
                              He has a negative WAR rating. Heck we'd be better off bringing Hamilton back as a pitcher.

Comment

It looks like maybe we aren't rebuilding just yet. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...-lincecum.html

Comment

Working...
                                X