Anyone used Opendoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used Opendoor

Thinking of moving again, so instead of going thru the hassle of showings and shit, thought we may try and give Opendoor a shot. Anyone used them? If so, what were your thoughts.
    Did they cheap out on the price if you checked them out, but did not use them?

Have an agent, and of course she says not to use them, they take 10% off the price for fees, and offer lower than the homes value to begin with. Could be true, or a tactic not to use them
    Our house is 11 years old, and in good shape, nothing needs to be repaired or replaced (minor things I can do like touch up paint over nail holes, etc., and replace the chewed up wood transition from the damned puppy).

They were ~ $75k low on my house offer.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Fucking A, that's a large amount.
      Well, wait. A Stanger. Your house could be worth $10,000,00.00

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Fucking A, that's a large amount.
        Well, wait. A Stanger. Your house could be worth $10,000,00.00
        I wish. It’s quite a bit less than that but $75k is still a huge miss.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Reviews on Yelp are not that good, think we will stay away from them.

Comment

Yea, they are a bunch of fucking idiots. I used them to bid my house and their bid was about 30% under market but then they wanted to subtract another 10% for fees and then another, get this, 6% for realtor fees that I "would have paid if I used someone else". Definitely a bunch of geniuses over there.

I have heard from others that unless you have a house that is very much in demand you can expect this bullshit from them as standard procedure.

Go on over to their website and give it a shot, at least it will be free entertainment.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Use Creekview realty if you want to save money by flat feeing it.

90% of residential Realtors suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Use Creekview realty if you want to save money by flat feeing it.

90% of residential Realtors suck.
                That ain't no shit, I went through 5 of them over the course of 5 years. The first one was a first cousin, the fucking she gave me still hurts 10+ years later, needless to say I have not seen nor talked to her stupid ass since. The funny thing about that deal, when I built my big ass house in Allen, she closed the deal and took care of me. She then had a kid and lost her fucking mind and started fucking ever one she could get her greedy ass hands on, friends, family and foes alike!

The next 3 sucked just as bad.

Century21 Judge Fite Frisco Tom Robertson- brought over the contract and every time I called him he was out of town on vacation if he even answered, saw him twice, the first time and then when he took the sign.

Ebby Halliday Dallas - Kay Cheek, never saw her, her husband is her bitch, he brought the paper work over and took the sign when the contract was over. She never answered the phone either and then her husband would call me back when I did get a call back.

Coldwell Banker - A nice lady that was my friends MIL, I won't bash her she tried her best, market sucked.

The last one was Lyn Thomas with Keller Williams in Allen, she was the best. She was the only one that somehow found my phone number and called me, probably from the previous listings. She was honest, took only 1% (she made it up when I used her to buy my new home), staged my home with flowers, pictures, etc. and used a professional photographer and they also used panoramic video (this helped as the guy that bought the house sight unseen was from Cali), he used the video to make his decision. She picked up the phone every time I called her and always kept me in the loop, never wasted my time with any open houses or any other bullshit.
                Best experience and seemed to actually care, unlike the other clowns.
                Last edited by Rick Modena; 02-22-2018, 10:32 PM.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

They offered 2k less than my asking but then took 19k off for their fees. I used Listing Spark to list and definitely recommend that. Basically a flat rate MLS listing service. Had 5 offers the first day. It doesn't hurt to fill out the info on opendoor just to see what they will offer. You'll get it in about two business days and you will see all their fees etc.

Comment

I have a question, so we are selling our land in blue ridge. If I go through an agent to list the property, and it sells. Do I pay the listing agent and the buyers agent?
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd never heard of them until now. Interesting article here (Dec 2016): Inside Opendoor: What Two Years of Transactions Say About Their Prospects

Opendoor is betting that there are hundreds of thousands of Americans who value the certainty of a sale over getting the highest price

Comment

Eric sold his last house in Arlington through them, and had a positive experience. I am sure they lowballed him, but I think he didn't want to deal with a realtor or tire kickers. Give him a shout.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                          I have a question, so we are selling our land in blue ridge. If I go through an agent to list the property, and it sells. Do I pay the listing agent and the buyers agent?
                          Yep. 3% to listing agent, 3% to buyer's agent.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

My wife told me of a transaction that involved them. They lowball, and then nickel and dime for everything. If you want "fair market value" then go for it but why leave money on the table? It's still a sellers market.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Yep. 3% to listing agent, 3% to buyer's agent.
                              Not always. Some agents will charge 1-2 % to list (and 3% to the buyers agent) because they know this client will be buying next. It's a way to save them a little money.

Comment

Working...
                              X