Manny at HPP tuned the GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny at HPP tuned the GT

That little thing called torque, ya I need some.

The e85 Bama tune I had for awhile was absolute shit. - 406 rwhp / 338 tq.
    Manny was able to get 422 rwhp / 388 tq.
    Steeda CAI
    Stainless Works Cat-back
    47 lb. Injectors
    Corn

Going to reschedule another appointment once I get the 2018 Intake Manifold put on. Should definitely help both numbers out.

In the end, it will still be slow.
    17' Coyote | MGW | BMR | STEEDA | STAINLESS WORKS | E85 TUNED |

interesting. Thanks for the hard data too. I've been trying to get facts on how well tunes work. My 6speed manual 15 GT is out of warranty, and I would like to get it tuned.

Comment

Very nice.

The '11 and up 5.0's are very capped at the factory to allow for 87 octane, but if you CAI, Intake, some exhaust and a good tune, they really wake up on 93 or da corn...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Whats so special about running E85, I hear it all the time but dont understand,does it burn hotter or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Whats so special about running E85, I hear it all the time but dont understand,does it burn hotter or something?
          Cooler I thought, as in slower burn (like higher octane gas). So you can run more compression and timing without predetonation.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Cooler I thought, as in slower burn (like higher octane gas). So you can run more compression and timing without predetonation.

This ^
            e85 is roughly 105 octane

Comment

Looks slow :-)

Comment

e85 just takes about a third more fuel. so bigger injectors and in many cases more pump are needed.

the greatest part is the smell. if you do not run cats, the smell and fumes of e85 are much more tolerable than that of 93. the smell alone was worth it. pulling the car in the garage before i switched was as if i been at a gas station all day.

and also, race car.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Originally posted by Mr.281ci View Post
                  This ^
                  e85 is roughly 105 octane
                  Oh, I see...makes sense. If you had to guess, what would the Hp difference be from 93 to 105 corn?

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                    e85 just takes about a third more fuel. so bigger injectors and in many cases more pump are needed.

the greatest part is the smell. if you do not run cats, the smell and fumes of e85 are much more tolerable than that of 93. the smell alone was worth it. pulling the car in the garage before i switched was as if i been at a gas station all day.

and also, race car.
                    Hahaha, yes the smell is worth it alone.

Comment

Oh, I see...makes sense. If you had to guess, what would the Hp difference be from 93 to 105 corn?
                      Corn loves forced induction more than natural aspirated by far.
                      I'm running it because there is a Kroger around the corner and very convenient to top off. Plus its about 40 cents cheaper per gallon than 87 octane.

Comment

These guys run a whole series of dyno tests on different fuels and additives.

Watch the continuation of our Forced Induction series as we tackle which Fuel makes the most power.Watch the full Forced Induction series here: https://www.y...

Another good dyno test.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

hmm, my 2011 swap made 457/399 on 93...granted it had a 302 intake and LT's but kept rpm to 7250 and it was running a hydroboost pump. Factory stock longblock from a 2011 and had 7500 miles on it. Must have been a wednesday motor?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                            hmm, my 2011 swap made 457/399 on 93...granted it had a 302 intake and LT's but kept rpm to 7250 and it was running a hydroboost pump. Factory stock longblock from a 2011 and had 7500 miles on it. Must have been a wednesday motor?
                            With the 18' intake mani and LT's I'm hoping I'll be right there also.

Everything I have read is that the 18' intake is like a hybrid of the gt350 and boss intakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.281ci View Post
                              With the 18' intake mani and LT's I'm hoping I'll be right there also.

Everything I have read is that the 18' intake is like a hybrid of the gt350 and boss intakes.
                              The awesome part was my car weighed 3100# with my 270# butt in the seat so the lack of torque wasn't too big of a problem...until my wifes 402 cube LS2 powered 4th gen pulled me like I was tied to a stump coming out of every corner even though it weighed another 300# and only made about another 40rwhp and 75 rwtq...but WHERE it made it was key. even though I carried more corner speed and exit speed, her car could just run away from me and it SUCKED!!! No more mod motors or coyotes for me. Big Windsors or LS motors from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                              X