IHOP calls customer a nigga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHOP calls customer a nigga

Not a black employee of the establishment, but the actual restaurant called person a 'nigga.'
    Fakenews fucktard literary scholars er'rywhere.

An IHOP restaurant in Missouri reportedly used the N-word to refer to a black teen on her receipt — then sent her a $10 gift card as an apology. Maya Thomas, 19, received the offensive receip…

An IHOP restaurant in Missouri reportedly used the N-word to refer to a black teen on her receipt — then sent her a $10 gift card as an apology.

Modal Trigger
    Courtesy of the Kansas City Star
    Maya Thomas, 19, received the offensive receipt when she picked up her take-out order April 13 from the Grandview establishment, the Kansas City Star reported.

“She seemed distraught and upset when she showed it to me,” her mom, who spoke on her behalf, told the newspaper. “And of course it got me pissed.”

The teen called the chain to complain about the slur. Days later, she received a $10 gift card in the mail.

“I think that’s really what made her mad,” her mother said. “Of all the things you could call someone, you call them that. And then the way you deal with it is by giving them 10 dollars?”

Frustrated, her mom posted the receipt to social media where the image went viral.

IHOP President Darren Rebelez said Tuesday the server’s actions were “inexcusable.”

“IHOP and its franchisees do not and will not tolerate racism, bigotry or harassment of any kind,” Rebelez told the Kansas City Star.

The server, who is also black, reportedly was fired from the restaurant following the incident.

“The franchisee was made aware on the 13th, an investigation was launched that same day and the server was terminated,” a spokesperson told the newspaper.

i bet those starbucks guys cleaned up in court $$$ but i doubt ihop will bend over like those lefty coffee fuckers

Comment

They were on GMA this morning going on about what saints they were and dindunuffin.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        i bet those starbucks guys cleaned up in court $$$ but i doubt ihop will bend over like those lefty coffee fuckers
        Starbuck's guys took $1 each, and donated the rest of the settlement.
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

So IHOP Waffle House Starbucks ikea Home Depot all been in the news lately. If somebody called me a white cracker redneck I would just laugh. Why is this news?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              So IHOP Waffle House Starbucks ikea Home Depot all been in the news lately. If somebody called me a white cracker redneck I would just laugh. Why is this news?
              Because it gets website clicks from a lot of white people who hate themselves.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                somebody got paid! the lawyers?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  Not quite.

The CITY settled for $1 each, along with the $200k donation.

Starbucks settled for an undisclosed amount. Read: probably enough for them not to give a shit about a city settlement.

This situation has taught two sets of people things;

Bums - especially Bums of Color (BOC) -who now know the place to go where there is almost no chance of getting kicked out- for Starbucks will bow to any claim of "muh oppression" - even when they were perfectly in the right

Police - Who now know that responding to a Starbucks call will end in national negative press, full capitulation from the complainant, and the city on the hook. Anyone wanna bet on how much slower the response times will be from here on?

Comment

You guys are falling behind.

Comment

Serious question: If the store policy is "can't be here without a purchase" and the MOD told them as much before calling the police who asked them to leave....why is anyone liable for a lawsuit or damages?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        Serious question: If the store policy is "can't be here without a purchase" and the MOD told them as much before calling the police who asked them to leave....why is anyone liable for a lawsuit or damages?
                        Because racism.
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          You can sue anyone for any reason in this country.

Comment

Working...
                          X