Board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board games

Anyone into board games like Starwars: Armada or Starwars: rebellion?

Or anything for that matter?

I know it's the tech forum, but I thought I'd catch more nerds here.

I play Risk, for souls.

Comment

You bring the souls, I'll bring the whiskey.

Comment

Man monopoly can kiss my whole ass!!!!

Comment

I played Aggravation last weekend.

Comment

Backgammon is one of my fave board games.

Comment

I'm a chess guy myself. Never was into board games as a kid, except for Operation.

Comment

Board game guy here. I do not do figures, but will play anything. Just played this last weekend was pretty good surprised me.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Marvel Avengers Infinity War Thanos Rising Game Ages 10 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  I played Aggravation last weekend.
                  That's probably the only one I've played in the past couple of years.

My wife grew up playing it with her folks, so we bust it out whenever we're hanging out with them. I get aggravated because her dad will play like a dumbass and intentionally pass up chances to send my wife back to the start because that's his daughter and he doesn't want to be mean to her. Kinda screws up the whole game. Plus he doesn't count each step when it's his turn, so like if he rolls a 5, he picks up the marble and just tries to place it 5 holes down, trying to be cool I guess. But half the time, he puts it 4 or 6 spots down, because he isn't counting each spot one at a time. So I have to watch him like a hawk and constantly correct where he's putting shit. I'll try to let it slide until the game gets close to the end when it really matters.

Then there's the fact that they had all of these stupid rules they made up. The first time I actually read the instructions, I realized they had been playing it all wrong since forever. Some of the shit they were doing didn't make any sense at all.

Ya, it's just a game, but if you're not going to play it right, why play it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    That's probably the only one I've played in the past couple of years.

My wife grew up playing it with her folks, so we bust it out whenever we're hanging out with them. I get aggravated because her dad will play like a dumbass and intentionally pass up chances to send my wife back to the start because that's his daughter and he doesn't want to be mean to her. Kinda screws up the whole game. Plus he doesn't count each step when it's his turn, so like if he rolls a 5, he picks up the marble and just tries to place it 5 holes down, trying to be cool I guess. But half the time, he puts it 4 or 6 spots down, because he isn't counting each spot one at a time. So I have to watch him like a hawk and constantly correct where he's putting shit. I'll try to let it slide until the game gets close to the end when it really matters.

Then there's the fact that they had all of these stupid rules they made up. The first time I actually read the instructions, I realized they had been playing it all wrong since forever. Some of the shit they were doing didn't make any sense at all.

Ya, it's just a game, but if you're not going to play it right, why play it at all?
                    I understand this far too well! Especially not counting your spaces. "You didn't get to the fucking ring! You can't roll a 7!" God damn kids.
                    Last edited by BradM; 04-24-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying.
                      Last edited by Craizie; 04-24-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X