iPad Mini won't power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad Mini won't power up

Need help with my moms iPad Mini. She plugged it in the other night to charge and she noticed it got hot so she unplugged it but it wouldn't power back up afterwards. I've tried resetting as well as plugging it into my computer and resetting it that way. No luck. Any suggestions on what to try next?

If it doesn't show any life when you connect it to either, you're probably going to have to go to the Apple store.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 08-20-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

That's what I was thinking but leaving that for last resort. Thanks man.

Comment

pics of the mom?

Comment

have you put it in a bag of rice and left it overnight for Asians to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            have you put it in a bag of rice and left it overnight for Asians to fix it?
            Posts like this are why I <3 dfwmustangs.net

Comment

just had to buy Jr a new one a couple months ago. computer would detect it or anything.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

There is a hard reset on apple products where you hold the power button while having your finger on the screen, or power button plus volume down. I forget which it is but I'm sure you can find it on searching. Should get it going again, it just does a full reboot, it doesnt wipe the device.

Comment

Oh i guess you did try to hard reset. I've had a few older ipads do similar, but every time I've been able to get them to eventually boot back up. Usually i had to leave them on power for a while, or try a different usb cable/power hub.

Comment

Have you tried smashing it with a hammer and getting a Windows tablet? I left Apple 2 years ago and haven't looked back.

Comment

If it was a Android device. You could hold the power + volume down + home button to put it into download mode. Then plug it into laptop and use Smart switch or Kies Lite to do the initialize and download firmware option. In the process, it reflashes the device with the stock ROM and will solve problems like yours (or in some cases where you bricked the device during root process) about 95% of the time. And there is usually no data loss. Have done this on two Nooks and my J500M. Don't know anything about Apple, but if they provide similar backup/restore software - it could save you from buying a new device.

Comment

Look up Louis Rossman or Rossman Repair Group, I’ve watched a few of his YouTube videos on Apple fucking customers over when it’s a simple repair. It might be worth a phone call for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X