No announcement yet.

time for a new internet connection speed test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Uverse now too. On their site, it's: DL 17.19, UL 8.38. On speedtest.net, it's DL 16.66, UL 5.68.
    Both suck, but during off-peak use times it is usually quite a bit better.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Not bad for a radio shot on a middle grade laptop

Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-20-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Not too shabby!
        I'm on AT&T gigafiber now. Not bad wifi speeds, but it does slow down a little sometimes. Still, muuuch better than anything I've had before.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I have doodoo Comcrap Shitfinity. They say it's 500Mbit down and it very well may be, but it's a whopping 15mbit upload. I'm excited for Tmo to broaden their home internet offering. It'll be slower on the dl, but faster ul and ONLY $50 a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            I have doodoo Comcrap Shitfinity. They say it's 500Mbit down and it very well may be, but it's a whopping 15mbit upload. I'm excited for Tmo to broaden their home internet offering. It'll be slower on the dl, but faster ul and ONLY $50 a month.
            I would kill for that. Windstream brought fiber out to my area, but the node is on the side of the road that has a few thousand acres of farm land and nothing else. So my shitty copper lines still have to run a ways down, then back up, which grants me 5mbps down and 512k up.

Whats that, switch to another provider? Oh yeah, they have a monopoly. I can't even get decent 4G!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I would kill for that. Windstream brought fiber out to my area, but the node is on the side of the road that has a few thousand acres of farm land and nothing else. So my shitty copper lines still have to run a ways down, then back up, which grants me 5mbps down and 512k up.

Whats that, switch to another provider? Oh yeah, they have a monopoly. I can't even get decent 4G!!!
              Its better than dialup and a modem.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post

Check your internet availability for T-Mobile's fast, in-home 5G internet by address. We're working hard to deliver our 5G internet across the country.

See if it's available for you.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    1995 aol speeds?
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      1995 aol speeds?
                      Look at the date on that speed test as well as the device it was run on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        Look at the date on that speed test as well as the device it was run on.

I actually got close to 40mbps on my Evo 4g about half a mile from a tower using wimax.

Comment

• I'm hating.

Comment

• spoiler - 799/919, gigafiber or whatever AT&T sells now

Comment

• I don't know how to post the pretty boxes you guys are posting, but my speed here in the mountains just came back at 25.54 down and 1.98 up. That's actually better than it has ever been in the past 5 years. It works "good enough" for my wife and I to both work from home full time. I'd pay for faster speeds if I could get them, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X