4K TV and Judder Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K TV and Judder Effect

I recently picked up a 65” Samsung RU8000 and have been navigating the options to get it where I want it, but one issue I cannot solve is what seems to be a juddering effect along the top and bottom edge of the 16:9 image where it meets the black bars and also for small text on the screen (think fine print etc.). It’s almost a flickering effect for the text and video edges against the black bars. This happens in HD, have not tinkered with 4K.

I’ve turned off and on all the motion and judder smoothing features and nothing seems to address this. Has anyone had experience with this? My previous non 4K TV had no issue with this.

Sounds like something with the zoned dimming causing a flicker.

Comment

Only thing I can add here is I follow and upgrade my main Samsung TV every year. I currently have the 75" MU8000 (2017 model) as well as the 75" NU8000 (2018 model) and was excited about finally going to an 82" this year with the RU8000 only to find out it doesn't meet the standards of years previous.

Samsung pulled this same shit ~5-6 years ago with the K Series. It was an awesome TV that was followed by dog shit.

Comment

Here’s a quick idea.
        https://vimeo.com/376572485

I’ve tried everything and cannot get rid of horrible judder and motion blur with any of the settings. This is about to get returned.

Comment

I've seen that before, but not what I was thinking when you posted. I'd hit Samsung up or return it like you said.

Comment

First thing you do is update the TV. Then go from there.
            WH

Comment

I have a 60" Samsung flat panel from around 2012 that does the same thing. I ignore it..really isn't that big of a deal and only happens on certain images.

Comment

Working...
              X