NVME to USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVME to USB

Anyone gotten an m.2/nvme to usb adapter yet? If so, how's your experience been and what brand/model did you get?

You know, Bryan. It's interesting, but I have yet to upgrade or work with a personal, family, or friends computer that uses the M.2 PCEi NVME / PCEi AHCI SSD. My Acer(s) and other people's HP laptops have all been M.2 SATA NGFF B Key SSD. Therefore, I bought a super cheap SHINESTAR (no cable) M.2 SATA USB adapter to USB 3.0 Reader from Amazon. And I typically use Macrium Reflect for cloning. No problems thus far cloning a 128GB/250GB to 500GB SSD. I think the adapter I have will support up to 1TB, but haven't had a need to try it yet.

Comment

I've 4 machines here w/m.2 pcie drives and the external enclosures are finally becoming prominent and relatively inexpensive. This is what I got and it's been perfect. XT-XINTE NVMe PCIE USB3.1 HDD Enclosure M.2 to USB Type C 3.1 M Key SSD Hard Disk Drive Case External Mobile Box (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR58Z78..._p8KCGOjnjyMUA

Comment

That's a nice Type C enclosure and at a good price. This is what I've been using for the purposes I mentioned above. Looks cheap. Is cheap, but it works.

Comment

I have the Shinestar enclosure that I bought on amazon. So far, I have no complaints.

Comment

Working...
          X