Win10 1903

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win10 1903

Anyone else takin one for the team and testing it as an "insider" for your Co and their software/app(s)?

In order to more than what I was originally hired on for that can be tedious, I take on as many ancillary or extra projects as possible so as not to get bored. This was one, and so far, I've not run across any issues with 1903.

No, but I would save your Windows.old folder before it gets removed in 10 days. Just in case you start to notice missing files, folders, drivers changes, etc.. in the coming days. I've used the Microsoft recovery tool for just this purpose when someone noticed a problem after 10 day rollback period expires. Not everyone creates a system image or uses File History prior any major Microsoft updates. I sure do and it has saved me a lot of grief with previous version updates, especially the Creators update.

Comment

I was bitten by the "just a moment" bug last night and had to do a full format/reinstall. While it was on the WIP machine, it's not related.

Comment

My work laptop is Win10.1803 and I haven't had nearly as many issues as some of the others. We all use Dell laptops, and mine was new last fall and upgraded to 10 this past winter.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I work for Microsoft, and they have us on 1809, if that says anything. We eat our own dogfood, but only after it's been tested a bit.

Comment

Part of my job is testing our software with upcoming Win releases and all their glory.

Comment

I see the part about it being ancillary, but it does seem a bit counter-productive to test on a pre-release rev. I'd think you'd be uncovering and fixing problems that won't exist in the generally available version.

Comment

The main thing for this was the elam driver, reporting to wsc, protected process and such.

Comment

Working...
                X