Transferring Android Apps from one device to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring Android Apps from one device to another

Got a new Android tablet (yes I actually use one) and there are a couple of apps on my old tablet that are no longer available that I would like to have on my new one.

I've Google'd and found some suggestions but always leery about installing third party apps from lesser known sites for fear of installing something malicious. Thoughts?

This might not xfer the apps data(game progress, etc), but it should allow you to xfer the app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....appbackup.pro

Comment

That^ or Titanium Backup Pro will do what your asking. Also, there are extra features available if your Android device allows you to access the built in hidden Developer options tab(model dependent). Been using Titanium for 7 years. Probably the most feature packed and sophisticated app I've ever seen for Android. There is a learning curve because it has so much capability and a dense GUI.
      Last edited by LS1Goat; 05-31-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Does TiBu not require root anymore?

Comment

Thanks man! I'll give it a try here in a bit.

Comment

Ya can't root the new tablet (or my phone for that matter) as I use them for work. I have used TiBu in the past and although the GUI was old, worked well. Haven't looked into it because of no root.

Comment

Ya looks like TiBu still requires root for full functionality.

Comment

Yeah. Just checked as well. Root is still required. My bad.

Comment

No worries, it's a good suggestion. Just can't use it because I use this device for work.

Comment

Alright guy's, don't flame me too bad. I'm not the most computer oriented guy. My samsung s7 came with a adapter to hook phones together to download everything from old phone to it. Would something like that work? I still have it if you can use it.
                    Last edited by johnboy; 05-31-2019, 02:00 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
                    sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't know if it would or not. Does it do a complete dump from one phone to the other? Or does it allow you to select what you want? What I need would be more of an app to get the APK (install) file so I can install it on the new tablet.

Haven't tried it yet, waiting till I'm done with work for the day to mess around with this.

Comment

I honestly don't know how it worked, they did it at the verizon store. But everything on my old phone transferred over. It might be in the menu of the phone, I'll check and post
                        Its under accounts in settings, smart switch. My Samsung tablet has it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          This might not xfer the apps data(game progress, etc), but it should allow you to xfer the app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....appbackup.pro
                          So this is a stupid question. Once I buy this app, I should be able to use it on any of my devices without having to buy it again right?

I installed it on my new tablet earlier and just tried to do so on my phone and it's prompting me to buy it again.

Comment

If you're signed in with the same account you purchased it with prior, you shouldn't have to purchase again.

Comment

OK so phone is now showing it as an option to Install without buying but old tablet is still the same. Rebooted. Tried again, still prompting me to buy. Not in a big rush and I'll check it again later. But I'll probably just buy it again to get this out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X