Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for a '03/'04 Cobra to take down a stock ZR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
    A ZR1 won't run 200 at the mile. And it wouldn't take 1400 for a Cobra.... I would actually void pretty much everything this guy says
    Were not talking about the Texas mile, he's talking highway, seeing as there's no limit, the zr1 has a higher top speed than any cobra. Thats the point.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      I know at the texas mile 950rwhp won't get you over 200 - The ZR1 does it with a warranty.
      Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Were not talking about the Texas mile, he's talking highway, seeing as there's no limit, the zr1 has a higher top speed than any cobra. Thats the point.
      Hmmmm........

I would like to race a ZR1 with my Cobra

Comment

that red cobra had 800rwhp via a whipple 3.4 crusher
        00 TT gt
        634 @10psi

04 cobra
        560whp

Comment

Hmmmm........

nice.

Comment

Hmmmm........

I think your car would do really well up to about 160 or so. After that it's aerodynamics advantage for the Z.

A friend of mine (Foofinator) has a teksid blocked, 302 stroker and a Whipple 3.4. That car is an absolute monster from a roll. He's got 3.08 gears and a huge ice resevoir in where the spare tire used to go to help with heatsoak. He's put a couple of kills on some seriously modded Vettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I think your car would do really well up to about 160 or so. After that it's aerodynamics advantage for the Z.

A friend of mine (Foofinator) has a teksid blocked, 302 stroker and a Whipple 3.4. That car is an absolute monster from a roll. He's got 3.08 gears and a huge ice resevoir in where the spare tire used to go to help with heatsoak. He's put a couple of kills on some seriously modded Vettes.
              when was the last time that car ran?
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                when was the last time that car ran?
                It runs fine. The transmission needs to be fixed..again, but he's buried in law school right now and doesn't have time to fix it.

Comment

It runs fine. The transmission needs to be fixed..again, but he's buried in law school right now and doesn't have time to fix it.
                  what did it make the last time it ran?

and what are these "seriously modded vettes" hes drug??
                  500 rwhp cammed vettes arent "Seriously modded"
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

what did it make the last time it ran?
                    Right around what yours does, give or take some.

Comment

Right around what yours does, give or take some.
                      some?? last i heard his Built motor HUGE KB monster made 900+... how is that "around "what i make??
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

some?? last i heard his Built motor HUGE KB monster made 900+... how is that "around "what i make??
                        Just using your kind of racing math.

Comment

Btw, it's not a huge blower anymore. It's only a 3.4 Whipple. The 4.0 has been out awhile now. If he steps up to the 4.0, I'll buy his 3.4 to replace this tiny little weezy 2.3

^ pics of the 4.0 next to a 3.4 and a stock eaton etc.
                          Last edited by Steve; 04-05-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

That's probably the top speed of my car with the turbo 400

Comment

That's probably the top speed of my car with the turbo 400
                              Oh nice. I bet that thing is a monster from a dead stop. Any video?

Comment

I was considering going to 3.27's so I could stretch out some more, but 3.08's would be crazy
                                2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Working...
                                X