Going Turbo LSx '69 GTO Judge Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Another way to trick the engine into thinking it's got more cubes than it does is to increase rod length. Some race engines are limited to a certain engine size so they mess with the rod length if they can. Most sprint engines are going to a big bore short stroke setup though, as torque really isn't a problem with these cars because they're so light.
    wouldn't that simply increase compression??? maybe I'm over thinking it lol
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
      I've broken it twice already with my old set up it supposedly is very well built now... the place said I shouldn't be able to break it.... we shall see LOL
      Did you go with Billet input & Output shafts? I was going to on mine, BUt it was $1000 more. I did upgrade mine to a 5 gear plantary though. Phoniex Transmisson built my trans the first time & I had easy 100+ passes on it. I bought that trans along with a Yank PT4400 for $2000 from Scott who tunes over at SQR, Best 2k I ever spent. 4L60s are awsome transmissons when they stay together. Gotta love that OD too
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

No, you have to use a special piston with a longer rod that moves the wrist pin further up near the crown, if you don't you'll push the piston out of the bore, and that's generally not a good idea. I say generally, SOMETIMES you can get away with it a couple thousands, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Piston height stays the same, stroke stays the same the lever action of the rod increases.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          No, you have to use a special piston with a longer rod that moves the wrist pin further up near the crown, if you don't you'll push the piston out of the bore, and that's generally not a good idea. I say generally, SOMETIMES you can get away with it a couple thousands, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Piston height stays the same, stroke stays the same the lever action of the rod increases.
          cool... does that make a big diff or just enough to be a little faster than the next guy?

Comment

cool... does that make a big diff or just enough to be a little faster than the next guy?
            The only time it's really useful IMO is on heavy bullrings when you need some grunt to come out of the corner. With the power the engines are making now they're starting to focus more on HP than torque because you can bust the tires loose at pretty much any moment. With that said, the class I run with doesn't have that issue on heavy tracks (still crazy easy to spin 'em on a slick track though,) but the trick to ours is keeping them wound up so you don't have to slow down.

Comment

• This is going to be badass!

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              yea, theyre picking it up next weekend. Its being shot for rod and kustom Monday

btw, looking forward to seeing this car back on the road. I have always enjoyed your progress on it
              Daaang!

Getting into a different project?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                This is going to be badass!

Daaang!

Getting into a different project?
                No new projects. Too poor

Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to drive a train for a living then maybe ill build something

Comment

Comment

• Good info. Thanks

Comment

• Glad to see its gonna be back in action!

Comment

• From the archives Chris. If it is any consolation, mine has been down since the Power Tour also.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          From the archives Chris. If it is any consolation, mine has been down since the Power Tour also.
                          Ya but you've had a baby and two tours to the sand box. You have a good reason .
                          Mine was lazy and no job so didn't want to spend any savings on it just incase. But now I have a job sooooo time to get it going again

Comment

• It's a start

Comment

• ah oh, that's big business!!!

Comment

• Nice, time to make some real power. Do you still have a 60e in it or did you finally step up to an 80?
                                Ded

Comment

Working...
                                X