Under mirror LED Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under mirror LED Install

I didnt care for the shitty yellow lights that would come on under the mirrors on the Taurus so I decided to take it apart and replace it with festoon LED's. The light housing comes out with ease (just clips in and out) with two wires connected. Much to my surprise, the actual bulbs are not easily accessible....you have to cut the top off of the housing to get to the bulb then re-glue the top back on (unless I missed something, which is possible).

Before;

After;

Total time = 1 hour (some of which was spent drinking)
    Total cost = $14.87 (includes 2 license plate LED bulbs) Under mirror bulbs are 31mm white Festoon LED's
    Last edited by Duncan; 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM.

Where did you buy the Festoon LED bulbs?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

These are the lights I bought;
      Newegg is proud to offer United States the best prices, fast shipping and top-rated customer service for Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics and more!

Comment

Thanks, they seem to be $10.00 smacks a piece at Vatozone.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The Autozone near the house didn't have 31mm Festoon LED's, but I am glad they didn't cause I would have ended up buying them. Instead I bought four of them through NewEgg (spares in case of failure) for the price of 2 at Autozone.

Comment

Solid tech

Comment

Good job on that. You can find those festoons cheaper actually though I guess quality and brightness may vary. I bought these SMD festoons but they are the longer 44mm and will work with the older stangs

Have you seen these courtesy light kits they are doing now that mount on bottom side of the doors? They project logo on the ground when you open the door.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5eD3CGpPqU[/ame]
              Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Nice video

Comment

Working...
                X