Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    It's all funny until it happens to you. When I went out there in person yesterday and dealt with the shit customer service ...I knew Walmart was a shitty company since Sam Walton died
    Yeah its really gone downhill. But look how much they pay. When you pay like that, those are the employees you get.
    WH

Comment

• "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Does the gauge actually read oil pressure? In my Miatas it is just a dummy gauge. It goes up and down with the RPM...
        What, exactly, makes you think they went through the effort of making a fake gauge, rather than just leaving it out if they didn't want it displayed?
        You know that because oil pumps are mechanically driven oil pressure tracks with engine rpm in every engine out there, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          What, exactly, makes you think they went through the effort of making a fake gauge, rather than just leaving it out if they didn't want it displayed?
          You know that because oil pumps are mechanically driven oil pressure tracks with engine rpm in every engine out there, right?
          It has been well documented in the Miata NC 2006-2015 that the gauge is fake. Some people have actually went through the trouble of cutting it out and adding a real functioning gauge in there. It is bizarre I know, but true. Yes I understand the concept of RPM/oil pressure, but this thing is driven by the tach(IIRC), not by actual oil pressure increasing/decreasing. I have built three of them, one supercharged, and we have had very lengthy discussions on this. The only thing it will alert you to is if you pump all the oil out on the ground (Turbo cars usually), it will show absolute zero with no pressure. 100 percent too late of course.

I just looked and allegedly they have been doing this since 95! I think on the 16 and newer they just said F it and eliminated the gauge all together.
          Last edited by kingjason; 01-18-2019, 09:59 AM.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

It has been well documented in the Miata NC 2006-2015 that the gauge is fake. Some people have actually went through the trouble of cutting it out and adding a real functioning gauge in there. It is bizarre I know, but true. Yes I understand the concept of RPM/oil pressure, but this thing is driven by the tach(IIRC), not by actual oil pressure increasing/decreasing. I have built three of them, one supercharged, and we have had very lengthy discussions on this. The only thing it will alert you to is if you pump all the oil out on the ground (Turbo cars usually), it will show absolute zero with no pressure. 100 percent too late of course.

I just looked and allegedly they have been doing this since 95! I think on the 16 and newer they just said F it and eliminated the gauge all together.
            Lol that's hilarious. Why the hell wound they do that?

Comment

God damn it, sports cars have oil pressure gauges!
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                Please tell me you didn't go buy the new oil and filter at Walmart? Yeah I dont know how their service dept stays open. I'm sure the tear up at least a car or two a week.
                Back around 2003 I worked in the TLE at the Walmart on Round Grove in Lewisville. Walmart back then at least, considered the TLE a win/loose department. They tended to loose money out there but made up for it with the customer shopping while their car was in the shop.

Comment

God damn it, sports cars have oil pressure gauges!
                  My Buick has a REAL one...of course I put it in myself.

Comment

• The perfect end to my week of Walmart bullshit.....I have Bronchitis AND Laryngitis now too. FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Go to service dept. and cough/sneeze/slobber on all of them.

Comment

Those sneaky japs...

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          Go to service dept. and cough/sneeze/slobber on all of them.
                          Nevermind. They're most likely the ones who gave it to you in the first place. Double whammy fucked.

Comment

vw water temp gauge on the tdi motors are the same. I hear they do this to keep customers from freaking out about the wide array of temps.

Comment

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                              vw water temp gauge on the tdi motors are the same. I hear they do this to keep customers from freaking out about the wide array of temps.
                              The temp gauge in my F250 starts cold (obviously), and then once the engine gets to 150 or so, it's dead center. From there, the temp can go between 180-220 and the needle never budges off of center. It really only moves past dead center if the truck truly overheats, which I'm guessing is >250, and then it goes straight from center to pegged. So really, it only displays three measurements - cold, "normal", and way too hot. I'd imagine that's probably pretty standard with lots of vehicles. I watch all my shit with a CTS monitor, anyway.

Comment

• King jason is correct newer vehicle gauges are not real gauges. The sensors talk to the computer and the computer tells the gauge to stay in the middle until the preset range is too far out. Then the gauge will go nuts to get your attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X