No announcement yet.

Killed a 01 cobra..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You also think 5.0s are worlds faster than mod motors, or so it seems. Yes/no?
    I'm curious as to what the record is on a stock block 302 cubic inch motor and how it compares to the fastest modular?
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
      Stock for stock an 01 cobra makes more power than an 03-04 Mach. So how'd you beat the cobra but you can't beat machs? Or is it that you haven't raced one yet? I'll give you a race in mine that's about as close to stock as you might find...

03 Mach, 410s, cai, more than full weight and third/fourth gear grinds??? Bone stock other than those 2 mods.

Btw, How can you say you would walk "CobraMan" but only run 9.0s?
      My 96 cobra ran 8.5 with just a K&N, O/R X pipe, aluminum DS and 373s. Full weight and full road race suspension with a 1.9 60'...

Explain?
      I missed the shift the first time. dropping to second at fourty only grabs a little less then 4k rpms with 3.27's. when i would get closer to 5k i would pull. it was a gearing issue. and first roll race.
      2012 GT500

Comment

You also think 5.0s are worlds faster than mod motors, or so it seems. Yes/no?
        I'm curious as to what the record is on a stock block 302 cubic inch motor and how it compares to the fastest modular?
        Who said that? Certain years production, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
          The vehicle itself is never the only factor.

BTW, how sure are you about an 01 Cobra's power vs. an 03+ Mach?
          Very sure: 2003 MACH 1

Engine Layout Front engine, rear-wheel drive
          Engine Type MOD 4.6L DOHC V-8
          Displacement 4.6L, 281 cu. in.
          Horsepower @ rpm 305 @ 5800
          Torque lb.-ft. @ rpm 320 @ 4200

2001 COBRA

Horsepower @ rpm 320@ 6000
          Torque lb.-ft. @ rpm 317 @ 4750
          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

2001 COBRA

OOOOOh... Advertised hp ratings. Gotcha.

Comment

Stock for stock an 01 cobra makes more power than an 03-04 Mach. So how'd you beat the cobra but you can't beat machs? Or is it that you haven't raced one yet? I'll give you a race in mine that's about as close to stock as you might find...

03 Mach, 410s, cai, more than full weight and third/fourth gear grinds??? Bone stock other than those 2 mods.

Btw, How can you say you would walk "CobraMan" but only run 9.0s?
              My 96 cobra ran 8.5 with just a K&N, O/R X pipe, aluminum DS and 373s. Full weight and full road race suspension with a 1.9 60'...

Explain?
              i havent ran my car at the track since the gear swap.

machs are faster because they have better heads, am i wrong? they have better gearing, and they weigh less if im not mistaken. Better transmission as well.

Me and cobraman did 2 pulls, the first was a push because he didnt get the punch right. the second was a better run. 50 roll, i was in third when we hit it, Im not sure on his gear. I jumped out, and at 120mph i still had a car on him. He was pulling me in, but at the same time i was near redline in 4th.

There is your explanation.

Im not saying im the fastest, im just saying it runs better then one would expect, Cobramans car runs fine and he was driving fine, highway gearing sucks when it comes to drag racing, plus being on the heavy side of things does not help anything.

I have never ran a mach, but i would guess one would walk the shit out of me.

as far as "5.0" vs modular motors.

I was making a comparison to pushrod vs OHC.

My comment to that is, there is a reason all the fast cars at the drag strip have 1 cam and a set of push rods. They are fast.

stock 5.0 302s from the 90s are dog slow, why? because they were built to be an economy "muscle" car. they were weak and gutless. All it takes is changing the heads, cam and intake for $2500 and you can make over 300rwhp and 350rwtq, and run mid-high 7s in the 1/8th mile.

"Horsepower sells cars while torque wins races" - Carrol Shelby.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• I'm glad you're not my defense attorney.

Comment

2001 COBRA

More torque at a lower RPM thats why they are faster. Steeper gears help the 15hp loss. what else would you like to know?

funny how they make 75 more hp then me, but only 20 more torque. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    I'm glad you're not my defense attorney.
                    well if we lose the case, we will have a super fast get away ride.

Comment

• I have a Mach as well, I'm fairly certain that it's a very low 13 second car and easily quicker than your little stock 5.0. I've owned many foxbodies and stock to stock, they aren't anywhere near as quick as a Mach.

But, I will not race the Mach, so don't even ask.

Comment

• I'd be pissed spending 2500 for hci and still making less power than a bolt on Na 32v 4.6L And the mod motor will run smoother and turn more rpm. My eaton swap didn't even cost 2500 bucks
                        2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
                        2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
                        2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I have a Mach as well, I'm fairly certain that it's a very low 13 second car and easily quicker than your little stock 5.0. I've owned many foxbodies and stock to stock, they aren't anywhere near as quick as a Mach.

But, I will not race the Mach, so don't even ask.
                          Low 13s and I've Heard of all stock or near stuck run 12.8. So yeah no argument it would walk all over me, piss in my cheerios.

Comment

• Originally posted by 92Notch View Post
                            I'd be pissed spending 2500 for hci and still making less power than a bolt on Na 32v 4.6L And the mod motor will run smoother and turn more rpm. My eaton swap didn't even cost 2500 bucks
                            Your typical H/C/I 5.0 will make around 300rw give or take 15hp depending on the cam/head choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 92Notch View Post
                              I'd be pissed spending 2500 for hci and still making less power than a bolt on Na 32v 4.6L And the mod motor will run smoother and turn more rpm. My eaton swap didn't even cost 2500 bucks
                              True on all counts. But that extra 300-400 lbs of car will still be there, not to mention the parts are hell of alot more pricey.

Eaton swaps are super cheap, and very effective.

E7 heads are the biggest peice of shit when compared to alternatives, and thats why the 5.0 is a dog ass motor from the factory. But hell even a set of gt40s makes a decent increase in power.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                                True on all counts. But that extra 300-400 lbs of car will still be there, not to mention the parts are hell of alot more pricey.

Eaton swaps are super cheap, and very effective.

E7 heads are the biggest peice of shit when compared to alternatives, and thats why the 5.0 is a dog ass motor from the factory. But hell even a set of gt40s makes a decent increase in power.
                                See, that's where you lose me...

13.46 @ 99MPH with just 3.73, mufflers and pullies.

Comment

Working...
                                X