DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #41
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
And I'll stay jealous until the market cools and he's selling tupperware door to door.

Then ill bring up lifetime earnings...total compensation... yadda yadda yadda...to make sure and really kick him while he's down.

People that typically brag about their income havent been making that much long.
dont be jealous, we think youre a douchebag too!
dsrtuckteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #42
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
dont be jealous, we think youre a douchebag too!
I'm not jealous about his douchebag status, I'm jealous of his income.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:04 PM   #43
Sgt Beavis
Lifer
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 15,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
And I'll stay jealous until the market cools and he's selling tupperware door to door.

Then ill bring up lifetime earnings...total compensation... yadda yadda yadda...to make sure and really kick him while he's down.

People that typically brag about their income havent been making that much long.
It wasnít my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
Sgt Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #44
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
It wasnít my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
It's probably something you've worked hard for and wanted to share because you've finally accomplished a goal so no worries.

But that doesn't mean we can't be jealous...and You damn sure are going to hear about it when I pass your ass lol.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #45
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,222
Default

paging AnthonyS.... paging AnthonyS...
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:00 AM   #46
Broncojohnny
Lifer
 
Broncojohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
It wasnít my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
Don't worry about it, everyone just likes to bust balls. There are several guys here that make bank but just don't mention it. You can't talk about it around the children because it becomes one of those freightrain/cow skin rug conversations very quickly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:18 AM   #47
emg
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 475
Default

+19.55% over last year. So yeah he says some dumb stuff, but he's been good for stocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
emg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #48
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
It wasn’t my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
I honestly thought it was hilarious there were those bitches who were upset and posted what a travesty it was you were sharing your success. You have zero to apologize for other than to cater to their sensitivity. Fuck them.
SS Junk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #49
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
I honestly thought it was hilarious there were those bitches who were upset and posted what a travesty it was you were sharing your success. You have zero to apologize for other than to cater to their sensitivity. Fuck them.
We should have a another cowskin rug thread where the ballers can all make themselves known... but we're all ballers so I guess that wouldn't work. Carry on.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #50
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
We should have a another cowskin rug thread where the ballers can all make themselves known...
But have a warning that the overly sensitive divert their eyes or it may cause bleeding vagina syndrome?
SS Junk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #51
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
But have a warning that the overly sensitive divert their eyes or it may cause bleeding vagina syndrome?
Truth.

The sad part would be to show annual income versus net worth or savings accumulated. I know my ratio isn't anywhere near where I think it should be and I'm way ahead of the average American from a savings standpoint. But I do have a lot of shiny toys...
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #52
quikag
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
First world problems. Ain't life tough?

One of these days you'll break out of the lower 5% of DFWM.

This is the truth. Iíve done okay, but I know people that make low to mid 8 figures every year that can lose my annual comp on a bad day in Vegas.

Itís all relative and my personal measure of financial success is to have a few fun, fast cars, save some money, and provide for my family. Iím good to go at that point.
__________________
GM
Toyota
VAG
quikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #53
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikag View Post
This is the truth. Iíve done okay, but I know people that make low to mid 8 figures every year that can lose my annual comp on a bad day in Vegas.



Itís all relative and my personal measure of financial success is to have a few fun, fast cars, save some money, and provide for my family. Iím good to go at that point.


I donít have any wealthy friends. I have a close friend that I believe does as well as me but the rest of my buddies are at or below the median income as far as I can tell. Iím not one of these people that discusses money though. Pretty much myself, my wife and my dad know how much I make.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #54
Big A
Lifer
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 43,255
Default

I've got most of mine moved into a managed Roth at this point, thanks to the sale of our company back in 2015, but still have the 401k for the company match. Both needles are moving in the right direction, let's keep it coming!

I had a nice little earth-leveling over Christmas, touring Christmas lights in several million dollar plus neighborhoods. We don't worry about the mortgage and utilities getting paid, but there are quite a few folks out there doing muuuuch better. lol
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #55
GhostTX
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 11,063
Default

+21.69% on the 401k for 2017
__________________
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #56
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I've got most of mine moved into a managed Roth at this point, thanks to the sale of our company back in 2015, but still have the 401k for the company match. Both needles are moving in the right direction, let's keep it coming!

I had a nice little earth-leveling over Christmas, touring Christmas lights in several million dollar plus neighborhoods. We don't worry about the mortgage and utilities getting paid, but there are quite a few folks out there doing muuuuch better. lol
Move to mckinney and you will be that house! There are some houses and neighborhoods near us that are pretty impressive and probably cheaper than your Cali house.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #57
lowthreeohz
lol wut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 27,600
Default

+ 23.74% in my fidelity account for the year.


Nay should be happy too, black unemployment is at an all time low since it began being tracked in the early 70s.
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #58
Sgt Beavis
Lifer
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 15,716
Default

VMware stock broke past $131.


I saw that several marijuana stocks dropped A LOT after the Sessions announcement. I'm wondering if I should put a couple grand into that as a long term investment. Shares are pretty cheap right now and I think there is a lot of upside there if they can weather this.
Sgt Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #59
Broncojohnny
Lifer
 
Broncojohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,506
Default

I like how the S&P just keeps going up. Some of it is banks and energy which have been left behind in this whole thing until recently. Most banks are selling on P/Es of 15 to 17. We all know what is going on with energy, people are trying to make sure they are in there when oil finally goes up.

Anyway, what I find disturbing is the fact that a whole hell of a lot of the S&P's rise is tied to shares like Amazon and Netflix that are already completely over valued and trade at a P/E of 200 to 300. If you want a fun little exercise compare Amazon's revenue, earnings and margins to Wal mart. You'll come to the conclusion that in order to justify the current stock price the company would have to be three to four times as big as Wal mart currently is. It is pure science fiction.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #60
dcs13
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,472
Default

Amazon, much like Tesla, and many others are a freakin house of cards. No reason for their stock prices to be where they are
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anthonys 401k owns u, blowhardsville!!, dfwmwallstreetangs.net, lets go! maga!, nay retirement=suck dik, nay says invest in weed, nay says wats 401k, nay sucks for ebt card, nay=foodstamp rich, stocks lolz @ naygers, svo 401k > bill gates, svo has 402k, svo invented 401k's, svo knows mr. roth, svo owns wall street, svo pocket change>401k, svo says you're welcome, svo's 401k is 800trillion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.