DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #21
4bangen
©4bangen©

I also have a knock in the engine in the ranger, and the van needs a roof rack built, and the push bar welded on. But the Buick takes precedent right now.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #22
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member

Iíve got this waiting to go in my F150... ran out of play money so the build is on hold.

Stock is 48mm turbos. These are 72mm EFRís.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #23
Boujee McFuckNuttz
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
Well, all this is going to do is encourage me to find a project, which I don't need, so that I can start collecting parts, which I don't have room for, so that I can build something with my son when he get old enough...
Tru dat!

I try to keep my projects "running" so they don't go stale for years. However, you people keep pushing the thoughts of picking up something older.
Boujee McFuckNuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #24
GrayStangGT
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayStangGT View Post
Anyone want to buy my project lol.

how much?
I honestly don't know what cars like this are worth, I bought it from a friend so I know it is a built motor that started as a brand new crate motor from ford, built tranny and rearend, but I can't actually prove that to a buyer. It was running and driving a year ago after sitting for 3 years, went back 6 months later to get it out to clean up and sell and it wouldn't start, probably a fuel issue. Figure I'll get it running again then list it for 8-10k and see if it gets any bites. Once its running it will just need some tuning work, leaks fixed and trans brake hooked up.
GrayStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #25
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Everytime I see that pic, I cringe because I know that engine is going to scratch the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
I'll go first. everyone knows the car, my 72 boat tail

here's what it needs:
pull engine change pan and pick up tube
rebuild carb
repair/replace/clean fuel lines and tank
repair any rat chewed wires
buy and install front bumper
replace 20+ year old tires
fix what ever else I find along the way.

who's next?
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:13 AM   #26
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

What engine is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post

Iíve got this waiting to go in my F150... ran out of play money so the build is on hold.

line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #27
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:

Details? As much as I would like to get crazy with my SCrew, it is my dad mobile and our primary mode of transportation. I don't enjoy driving the wife's Explorer with more options and comfort features as much as the truck. I need it to stay reliable and a somewhat comfortable ride! It is bone stock at the moment. I still need to get the drop shackles installed and eventually that pedal commander is a MUST, I hate the lag in throttle response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
What engine is that?
Probably the 2.7 or 3.5 EB
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #28
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member

Quote:
What engine is that?
Quote:
Details? ….Probably the 2.7 or 3.5 EB
My truck is a 2011 Platinum with the 3.5 EB. The engine build was going to be a decent short block with stock heads and the Full Race stock location turbo upgrade, ending up around 550 rwhp. Then I got stupid.

This one has a stock crank but that's it. Everything else is upgraded. Deck plate in the block (EB's have floating cylinders), full port job on the heads, nice rods and pistons, high end springs and valves, custom grind cams, a HPFP that costs as much as a used Civic, better injectors, converting to return fuel system with a surge tank, remote oil filters, and on and on and on. I spent easily 4x what I initially budgeted.

The engine is actually headed back to the builder. It's been sitting in the shop for over a year. Currently has stock cams and he's going to install different pistons and the custom grind cams and go back through the motor to freshen up all of the assembly lubes and such. If money starts flowing again, I'm considering a 4.2L stroker but the sane side of me says to just stop and get it installed.

I've got a build thread going on another forum if you care to see more detail. It's gets into the engine and everything else I've done to the truck so far.

Ecoboost Platinum build

Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 02-08-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #29
4bangen
©4bangen©

Quote:
Everytime I see that pic, I cringe because I know that engine is going to scratch the paint.
rest assured it did not.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #30
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
My truck is a 2011 Platinum with the 3.5 EB. The engine build was going to be a decent short block with stock heads and the Full Race stock location turbo upgrade, ending up around 550 rwhp. Then I got stupid.

This one has a stock crank but that's it. Everything else is upgraded. Deck plate in the block (EB's have floating cylinders), full port job on the heads, nice rods and pistons, high end springs and valves, custom grind cams, a HPFP that costs as much as a used Civic, better injectors, converting to return fuel system with a surge tank, remote oil filters, and on and on and on. I spent easily 4x what I initially budgeted.

The engine is actually headed back to the builder. It's been sitting in the shop for over a year. Currently has stock cams and he's going to install different pistons and the custom grind cams and go back through the motor to freshen up all of the assembly lubes and such. If money starts flowing again, I'm considering a 4.2L stroker but the sane side of me says to just stop and get it installed.

I've got a build thread going on another forum if you care to see more detail. It's gets into the engine and everything else I've done to the truck so far.

Ecoboost Platinum build
Sounds like it is going to be a blast to drive when you get it put together! I'll have to check out the build thread.

My question is, did you take care of the damn oil filter?! I did my first oil change last weekend, and fuck the O-ring replacement on that fucker.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #31
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member

Quote:
Sounds like it is going to be a blast to drive when you get it put together! I'll have to check out the build thread.

My question is, did you take care of the damn oil filter?! I did my first oil change last weekend, and fuck the O-ring replacement on that fucker.
I'm going from stock (have downpipes but that's it), not even tuned, to hopefully 700 rwhp. I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

Yes, I've got a remote oil filter setup in the mix. The filter(s) will hang vertically for clean, simple removal.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #32
Nash B.
Lifer

I have a 98 K3500 350/4L80E that I'm swapping a 24v Cummins/NV4500 into. I've had the Cummins for 3 years and the Chevy for 2. I've fixed a bunch of boost leaks on the Cummins and within the last 2 weeks finally got the transmission and transfer case out of the Chevy. When it warms up again I'll get the engine out, and then the fun will begin
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #33
dcs13
Lifer

Guilty as charged. I work on hot rods all day, not much interest when I get home.. It runs, but I'm still working on the body..
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #34
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

No SVO, no 65 F100, no Jeep, and no old F150, no jet skis, and no real desire for most projects.

A mostly stock 13 GT that's seldom driven and probably needs a new home before it gets twin turbos.

A new 18 F150 supercrew that will likely get a tune and maybe a cold air kit.

I think my projects will probably just be teaching my boys how to work on whatever beater they get.
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 PM   #35
BradM
Bad Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs13 View Post
Guilty as charged. I work on hot rods all day, not much interest when I get home.. It runs, but I'm still working on the body..
I hate myself for selling my 55.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #36
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas_svo View Post
No SVO, no 65 F100, no Jeep, and no old F150, no jet skis, and no real desire for most projects.

A mostly stock 13 GT that's seldom driven and probably needs a new home before it gets twin turbos.

A new 18 F150 supercrew that will likely get a tune and maybe a cold air kit.

I think my projects will probably just be teaching my boys how to work on whatever beater they get.
Who pissed in your Post Toasties?
Old 02-09-2019, 06:06 AM   #37
4bangen
©4bangen©

I've spent the last few days on big block buick sites reading up on the motor. I need to figure out what rear end I have so I can find a limited slip diff for it.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:04 AM   #38
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soap View Post
Hereís my project.
Still better than dealing with the airline companies.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #39
Mopar63
Cowtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
I have a 98 K3500 350/4L80E that I'm swapping a 24v Cummins/NV4500 into. I've had the Cummins for 3 years and the Chevy for 2. I've fixed a bunch of boost leaks on the Cummins and within the last 2 weeks finally got the transmission and transfer case out of the Chevy. When it warms up again I'll get the engine out, and then the fun will begin
Subscribing I have a 97 K2500 Suburban I have been reading up a bit to do this swap on, but mine is also 4wd to complicate things.
Mopar63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #40
racrguy
Banned

I need to get my sprint car back running, I only lack ~1500 from having it back together. I just purposefully haven't done it, because it eats money while it's running like a fat kid eats cake.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
al p lyin like a mofo, al p skullfucks ur mom, nay 2 busy giving bjs, nay be tranny hooking, nay has more than you, nay only build mud huts, nay trade anal 4 candy, nay want dik in butt, naycant afford models, naynay to busy hooking, no!, svo built dyson sphere