Superman ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
    No Lois lane did not grow up in smallville with Clark. That was Lana Lang, two different people. I know the show smallville changed how that was but the cartoons, original movies and comics all have them meeting at the daily planet.
    My bad. Goes to show how much I watch Superman.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Saw it yesterday and liked it. Not great, but pretty good. It covered a lot of ground, especially earlier events on Krypton. Now, a gripe on theater concessions: I pretty much eat a large bucket of popcorn (with a refill, of course) and I got some bad stuff yesterday. I went back up to the counter and told the nice little girl that "I don't mind paying $7 for .20 worth of popcorn, but let's be sure that shit is edible". She grinned and apologized and refilled it from a freshly-popped batch. But, DAMMIT!
    Man I hear you on the concession stands. If they are going to make me pay that sort of money for popcorn and a drink it better edible and taste good.

Comment

• This movie was great. I think the guy that played Zod did a great job in ratcheting up the violence to preserve the Krypton way of life. Most eveyone knows about Supermans growing up in smallville so I had not problem with Snyder only doing some flashbacks. I like how they spent the first part of the movie showing how Superman was trying to find his place in the world by basically being a drifter for a number of years.

It would have been cool though if they would have used some of the cast members from Deadliest Catch when Supes was doing the crab fishing thing.

some people seem to not like how Superman took 30+ yrs to hone his powers and took Zod like a day to get his powers. I have no problem with this line of logic. Zod was programmed to be a soldier to adapt to any situation. It was noted early in the film that Krypton had been doing genetic engineering of their people for centuries. so it is conceivable that Zod was "programmed" to adapt to an alien world and thus had the resources to adapt to Earths yellow sun a lot quicker than Superman.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
        This movie was great. I think the guy that played Zod did a great job in ratcheting up the violence to preserve the Krypton way of life. Most eveyone knows about Supermans growing up in smallville so I had not problem with Snyder only doing some flashbacks. I like how they spent the first part of the movie showing how Superman was trying to find his place in the world by basically being a drifter for a number of years.

It would have been cool though if they would have used some of the cast members from Deadliest Catch when Supes was doing the crab fishing thing.

some people seem to not like how Superman took 30+ yrs to hone his powers and took Zod like a day to get his powers. I have no problem with this line of logic. Zod was programmed to be a soldier to adapt to any situation. It was noted early in the film that Krypton had been doing genetic engineering of their people for centuries. so it is conceivable that Zod was "programmed" to adapt to an alien world and thus had the resources to adapt to Earths yellow sun a lot quicker than Superman.

Thank you! I see someone else gets it.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          Thank you! I see someone else gets it.
          yeah its not hard...people will always bitch about something in a movie. I am just stoked to see where they take this new Supeman. I hope Nolan stays connected with future movies to keep the storylines from going full blown retarded. I am sure Nolan does not want to stay connected to only superhero movies. But if there is to be a JLA movie and some other stand alone DC superhero movies I would feel better if Nolan was involved to at least monitor the scripts and how the movies interact with each other.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'll just leave this here......

Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              Crotchety old man, whining about his popcorn, the lighting, and the loud noises.
              You guys must have plenty of disposable income to let someone screw you for $7 popcorn. It pissed me off when I was 20 as much as it does now, except popcorn was $3 then.

Comment

• Loved it, it moved soo fast though through the story.

I on a side note wish action scenes would be slowed down just a little bit to let it soak in whats happening, they go so damned fast 1/4 second shots just do not cut it with so much going on!

Comment

• Lolz! The device's they banished General Zod and his ilk in look like phallus'.

Comment

• Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                    I hope Nolan stays connected with future movies to keep the storylines from going full blown retarded.
                    Like poisoning an entire city by vaporizing its water in the distribution pipes (but not the water in, say, every human's body, even those within a few feet of the device) after dumping the chemical into the system over a period of months? Yeah, good thing he's there to keep it all in check!
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                    X