Pig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig.

Brisket gets its own thread, why not have a pork thread?

So today I tried the smoked pork chop at the Smoke Pit in Fort Worth.

This is THE best piece of pork I have ever tasted. It is sweet and smoky, and perfectly moist. It may be the best smoked meat I have ever had, and certainly one of the largest. It measures 10 x 6 x 2. It is only served on Fridays and they sell out early. If you want one, plan accordingly. The fries are good, the beans okay, and the grilled jalapeños are awesome. The ice cold Shiner is both cliché and appropriate.

Anyone else know of a good place to get some pig?

Last edited by 46Tbird; 06-19-2015, 01:26 PM.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Tried out a new food truck yesterday and had fried pulled pork balls, the batter is smashed up Cap'n Crunch. They were pretty amazing.

They look small in the pick, but it's actually 1/2lb of pulled pork.

Comment

Looks good!!!
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

are we including ribs in this thread??

I can make a mean smoked ham

Comment

Momma cooked breafas wit no hog....

Comment

We used to do a weekly lunch at The Smoke Pit. Love that place.
            At lunch some days the line is out the door and both parking lots are full.

The first time someone took me there I was definitely skeptical.

Comment

thanks asshole, now i want some bbq

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

I live a mile from this place, so if anyone wants to meet up there, just let me know. There are plans to flatten every inch of this area and build new high rises overlooking the Trinity River. So if you want some Smoke Pit, better get it soon!

Comment

Cleaned up the thread.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

What I want to know, is how are the tamales next door?!?! I much prefer tamales to brisket.

I racially identify Latino, now that we can do that sort of thing.. Maybe I should try to become the local president of The National Council of La Raza.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Cleaned up the thread.

What I want to know, is how are the tamales next door?!?! I much prefer tamales to brisket.

I racially identify Latino, now that we can do that sort of thing.. Maybe I should try to become the local president of The National Council of La Raza.
                    You could get by. I know a white skin, red headed, freckle faced Hispanic.

Comment

They used to be awesome. They were only open on Saturday and Sunday, and even then it was only until they ran out of tamales which was usually before noon. They closed down about a year ago and now it serves as overflow parking for the Smoke Pit.

Their carnitas tamales with green chiles were really good.

Comment

Cleaned up the thread.

We're not talking about brisket asshole, we're talking pork. Also, why you gotta bring race into this you overmoderating racist bastard?

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            They used to be awesome. They were only open on Saturday and Sunday, and even then it was only until they ran out of tamales which was usually before noon. They closed down about a year ago and now it serves as overflow parking for the Smoke Pit.

Their carnitas tamales with green chiles were really good.
                            Damn!

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            We're not talking about brisket asshole, we're talking pork. Also, why you gotta bring race into this you overmoderating racist bastard?

Damn, not sure what I was thinking.

I'm okay with pork, turkey and sausage. Hmm.. I wonder how pulled pork would taste in a tamale?

Comment

I'm okay with pork, turkey and sausage. Hmm.. I wonder how pulled pork would taste in a tamale?
                              Like a carnita?

Comment

Working...
                              X