Salt Lick BBQ outside of Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    If you're already heading down I35, Vitek's should be your first BBQ stop, unless you're willing to detour to Lockhart and really get crazy.
    I had the gut pack, and it was mighty tasty. But other than that, I wasn't real impressed with the actual BBQ there.

I've hit all three majors in Lockhart, Black's, Kreutz, and Smitty's.

I'd have to say Kreutz is my favorite of the three, with Black's in a close second, but Black's is definately an over smoked bbq. Which I like

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I had the gut pack, and it was mighty tasty. But other than that, I wasn't real impressed with the actual BBQ there.

I'd have to say Kreutz is my favorite of the three, with Black's in a close second, but Black's is definately an over smoked bbq. Which I like
      Agreed. The gut pak is great, but would be even better with quality BBQ. And they don't have that at Vitek's. Don't get me wrong. Pre-diet, I'd always grab a gut pak while in Waco, but the BBQ sucks.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I will say Blacks has better bbq than krews. I have yet to try Smittys, I might do that for lunch tomorrow.

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Seems to be hit or miss. I've been when it's really good, and I've been when it's been really bad. It's been bad more times than good though.
          this.

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          If you're already heading down I35, Vitek's should be your first BBQ stop, unless you're willing to detour to Lockhart and really get crazy.
          yes.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

If you're going to go outside of Austin, you are better off hitting up the 3 in Lockhart instead of Salt Lick... besides there is one in Round Rock next to the Round Rock Express stadium.

Here is your 2 day trip planner...

Leave Dallas... hit up Czech stop for breakfast in West, stop by Salt Lick in RR, swing by Rudy's for some banana pudding, head downtown Austin for Stubbs, mac n chz at RJ's, and the trailers on S Congress... next day... no breakfast... head to Lockhart for Smitty's, Black's, and Kreutz... stuffed... head back to Dallas but stop in Waco at Vitek's for a gut pack, eat til you can eat no more and take the rest home.

Comment

While we're at it, don't ever ever ever forget the original Cooper's in Llano. It's an hour and a half from Austin on 71/Ben White, or about an hour and a quarter down 29 from Georgetown. Their brisket beats the crap out of any of the stuff from the big Lockhart 3.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm planning on hitting up the Green Mesquite this weekend. I've wanted to check this place out for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by LZRREDGT View Post
                I will say Blacks has better bbq than krews. I have yet to try Smittys, I might do that for lunch tomorrow.
                You're effing high. Blacks is the worst BBQ in Lockhart.

Green Mesquite, on Barton Springs is pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                X