No announcement yet.

Superman ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to see the movie this Saturday, can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      Whitney Fordman was a character on Smallville although Man of Steel has Whitney Fordham.
      The military scientist assisting Dr. Hamilton actually played the part of Hamilton on Smallville.
      Ezra's Mail Depot Small was a reference to the founder of Smallville, Ezra Small.
      Amy Adams was a "freak of the week" character on Smallville.
      did they refer to him as whitney on screen or was it just a in the credits?

Comment

• anybody catch the Wayne Enterprises logo? i had to look for it the second time i watched it, once i knew it was there

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          did they refer to him as whitney on screen or was it just a in the credits?
          They said his name but the credits spelled the last name differently.

I knew beforehand it was there but I was able to spot it quickly.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• I need to watch it again because there was too much to take in initially. Here's what I didn't like... the way Jonathan Kent died, movie started off slow (too much background BS), & no comic relief. The fighting and action sequences alone are worth the price of admission.

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
              I need to watch it again because there was too much to take in initially. Here's what I didn't like... the way Jonathan Kent died, movie started off slow (too much background BS), & no comic relief. The fighting and action sequences alone are worth the price of admission.
              The way he died served a purpose. Clark wasn't ready to reveal himself in Jonathan's eyes yet Clark was willing to risk it. Everything his father had taught him was to help keep Clark safe. The fact he nodded no was the biggest sacrifice a father could do for his son. Clark realized this later on in the movie.

As far as comedic relief goes, there were a few scenes that had their moments but this wasn't a feel good happy go lucky movie.

Honestly I thought the movie started off with a strong beat and then calmed down to setup into a strong roller coaster ride. You just can't expect it to start off full blast Superman. He isn't the Superman we've all come to known. He's only the beginning of what he will become.They showed this by him being somewhat wreckless with his powers and his emotions.
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

• Steven seagal must have been the stunt coordinator for zod's last scene. Didn't expect that to happen, but glad to see superman handle business instead of always letting the bad guy live to fight another day.

Also should lex luthor play a part in number 2 I'd like the guy who played lex in the smallville series to play him.
                Last edited by sc281; 06-17-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  Steven seagal must have been the stunt coordinator for zod's last scene. Didn't expect that to happen, but glad to see superman handle business instead of always letting the bad guy live to fight another day.

Also should lex luthor play a part in number 2 I'd like the guy who played lex in the smallville series to play him.
                  There's no way Michael Rosenbaum would don the Lex Luthor mantle again especially on the big screen. I know he hasn't been in much since his final appearance on Smallville. He played a badass Lex but I think a small part as a different character would suit him better. Most fan boys wanted Tom Welling as Clark Kent/Superman in Man of Steel like they did for Superman Returns.

I honestly hope they don't use Lex as a main villain. Id prefer to see Brainiac instead. They could use the Superman: Brainiac story arc. It would make sense if you take into consideration that on the scout ship Clark found, one of the pods was empty and opened. This would introduce Kara and the city of Kandor. If anyone read the digital comic for Man of Steel this would most likely make sense. They could use the Superman/Batman series also to lead up to a JLA movie later on with Darkseid as the villain.

With the way this franchise is starting off they're going with the alien concept and all of the above would fit with this.

Comment

• was there anything after credits?

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
                      was there anything after credits?

I didn't stay after but I heard there wasn't.

Comment

• There are no post credit scenes.

Comment

• Loved it. One of the best comic book movies ever, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            There are no post credit scenes.
                            Sequel semi confirmed, Perhaps Justice League or Batman/Superman movie in the near future.

They really hit it out of park with this movie.

Comment

• Reason why they didn't have end movie credits is because Marvel already knew they were going to do the Avengers so thats why. They don't know if they're going to do Justice league or not.

Comment

• here's a link with a copy of the digital comic that is supposed to have occured before the event of the movie...

Comment

Working...
                                X