Hines Ward to Retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hines Ward to Retire

Sources claiming he will announce his retirement today.

And DB's everywhere can rejoice in knowing they won't be blind sided anymore.

I bet he blind sides his own DB's in the locker room after games.

Comment

That's going to be tough for them with Mendenhall expected to miss the entire 2012 season as well.

Comment

Also, Mike Wallace is still negotiating with 49ers and Broncos according to the media so he is no guarantee for next season either. And Mewelde Moore is rumored to be released this week leaving Redman as the starter for the 2012 season unless they trade for someone or pick up a capable back in the draft. Things are looking bleak for the Steelers offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          That's going to be tough for them with Mendenhall expected to miss the entire 2012 season as well.
          I read on PFT that Mendenhall could've taken his last snap as a Steeler, and might release him after next season if he does miss the entire season. They said that he is expected to start the season on the Physically Unable To Perform List
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Mike Wallace will be a Steeler next year. Mendenhall is probably gone and I'm just fine with that.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

if wallace is going to be a steeler, why is it taking so long for them to resign him?
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                if wallace is going to be a steeler, why is it taking so long for them to resign him?
                They need to make room.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                  They need to make room.
                  I don't buy that in the least. He's obviously looking for the best money, and if the Steelers don't match or beat whatever offer he gets from another team he'll be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    I don't buy that in the least. He's obviously looking for the best money, and if the Steelers don't match or beat whatever offer he gets from another team he'll be gone.
                    How about you tell me about your team and I'll tell you about mine. The FO has said that they will do everything they can to keep him. They need to make room for that to happen. Now if they cut/restructure all they can and still cannot beat offers from other teams, then yeah, I'd expect him to go. But I don't expect that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                      How about you tell me about your team and I'll tell you about mine. The FO has said that they will do everything they can to keep him. They need to make room for that to happen. Now if they cut/restructure all they can and still cannot beat offers from other teams, then yeah, I'd expect him to go. But I don't expect that to happen.
                      As I stated earlier in the thread, Ward retired today, Moore is going to be released, and Mendenhall probably won't play at all this year so they may go ahead and cut him now and stop the bleeding. With those 3 alone gone they should have plenty of room to give him a decent deal.

Comment

Fuck that dirty motherfucker! It was that Ray-Ray hit that sent that crybaby bitch into retirement...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Fuck that dirty motherfucker! It was that Ray-Ray hit that sent that crybaby bitch into retirement...
                          I'ma gonna fuckin' put you down into crybaby mode on Thursday. Motherfuckin' fucker.

Comment

I would think after seeing the chemistry between Wallace and Rothlesberger that the Steelers would've wrapped up signing him quick. I don't blame Wallace testing the waters though, I just haven't heard anything about him talking to any teams until the last couple of days.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                              I would think after seeing the chemistry between Wallace and Rothlesberger that the Steelers would've wrapped up signing him quick. I don't blame Wallace testing the waters though, I just haven't heard anything about him talking to any teams until the last couple of days.
                              My only complaint with him is that he seemed to give up on quite a few plays last season, which made Antonio Brown Ben's go-to guy. He's lethal when he gets his head in the game though.

Comment

Working...
                              X