Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take before and after pics!!!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

still havent gotten around to it.....think i could just take the cover off the seat and put the sumbitch in the washer?
      .....bro....

Comment

Steam cleaner, works wonders.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Foley
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            I've heard that pulling them out of the car, spraying them with tuff stuff, brushing them with a stiff brush, spraying them off with a pressure washer, and leaving out in the sun to dry works wonders.
            I did something similar several years ago. I sprayed one seat with Simple Green, used pressure wash at car wash to clean it, used wet/dry vac to get some of the water out. after a few hours in 100+ degree Texas sun the one seat I did was dry. putting the clean seat next to the uncleaned seat was a "wow" moment. Looked like I bought a new seat instead of just pressure spraying it.
            sigpic

Comment

Subscribing
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Well, I didn't get a chance to take before pics but we've all seen how bad the interior of these cars can get. The seats had those dark spots of dirt buildup. The inside of the smelled because it was old and the car was running dumps for a long time. The carpet was just bad as you can only imagine. So it was your typical old ,dirty fox body interior but here's what I did.
                I sprayed all seats with a bissell carpet cleaner and waited for the foam to dissolve before I sprayed it again. I let that soak in before I completely soaked the seats in water using the hose. Then using a mixture of water and carpet cleaner and a tough brush, I scrubbed the shit out of it (litteraly) I spent maybe 5min on each seat then vacuumed up the water with my bissell steam cleaner. The next day they were dried and the seats were still dirty so I did the same thing again. Luckily for me, the sun was hitting hard that day so it helped dry them fairly quickly. Then they were really clean. This crap took too long. My advice would be to spray them down with carpet cleaner and power wash the seats as some have mentioned before. Let them dry by them selves or speed up the process with a vacuum. Then I laid down some new carpet.[IMG][/IMG]
                .....bro....

Comment

looks great homie!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thanks! Now I'm having trouble with this t-top weatherstripping so I'll probably have to create a new thread for that. Man, its a bitch.
                    .....bro....

Comment

Mucho bettero!
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

i cant express how totally different this car feels and smells. I kinda respect it a little more. I pick up my trash before i leave the car and i tell the kids to watch where they step.
                        .....bro....

Comment

Where did you get those carpeted door panels?

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                            Where did you get those carpeted door panels?
                            they came with the car. Every mustang i have ever owned came this way. Is that not standard?
                            .....bro....

Comment

That really makes me miss my namesake car...

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                                they came with the car. Every mustang i have ever owned came this way. Is that not standard?
                                I've got the map pockets on my car. They aren't sagging and they still look like shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X