Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 School me on DA sanders ; Electric vs pneumatic - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on DA sanders ; Electric vs pneumatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baba G, what is the place you said you could recommend? I'll give them a call and get a price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
      Baba G, what is the place you said you could recommend? I'll give them a call and get a price range.
      Check your pm's

Comment

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Comment

Here's where I'm at now:

Fenders off, motor out, glass out, wiring removed, interior stripped. About ready to pull the body off the pan.

Still on the fence on whether I should media blast. Kind of a big expense.

Comment

blast it, or spend the $150 on a HF blaster and a couple wekends ($$$$$$) yourself, doing it. or pay it out one time and get to the next step. i got to take a 3 month break when my buddy decided to blast his ghia himself in the middle of summer.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting a HF soda blaster and using it to already get the places I don't want to have to sand.

Why the 3 month break?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

I want a Ghia hardtop so bad.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                  I'm thinking of getting a HF soda blaster and using it to already get the places I don't want to have to sand.

Why the 3 month break?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
                  it's a one man job, and i can think of a million other things to do than stand around in the middle of summer watching him spray sand.

It really took him maybe 3 or 4 weekends to get it all the way blasted, in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I want a Ghia hardtop so bad.
                    Do you want a convertible? Family friend needs to sell one to pay off a divorce. It's a nice and reliable driver, not perfect.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      Do you want a convertible? Family friend needs to sell one to pay off a divorce. It's a nice and reliable driver, not perfect.
                      price?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

And body is off.

Comment

Pans were a little rusty:

Cut those bitches out. I'll be welding new ones in soon. Also coating the chassis with POR-15

Comment

Home Compressor

I have an 80 Gallon, single stage unit I bought from Sam's 15 years ago. It cycles on any paint gun or impact tool. But, I have an air buffer that uses a lot of air (CFM) . When I buff, the unit runs all the time. When you buy, pay attention to the amount of CFM delivered at about 50 PSI. That is what does the work with air tools. Any unit will produce the high pressure. (100#+). Also, spend a little more on hose, and get big ones. Instead of a 50 ft. hose, buy 2 25 ft. hoses and hook them together if you need to get out of the shop for some reason. The bigger and shorter hose will help with increased air delivery. Also, buy bigger regulators and valves. Don't choke off air flow with the small 1/4" fittings. In my opinion stay away from the neat little adjusting valve to go at the end of the hose just before the air tool you are using. They restrict a lot.

Comment

Progress!!

New brakes, brake lines, fuel line, axle seals, axle boots, tranny input seal, rebuilt clutch operator shaft, shifter, shift rod bushing, restored E-brake lever, different front end with new tie rod ends, motor mounts, pans fitted in, and some other random little stuff.

Will probably weld the pans in next weekend. Next step will be building a motor.

Comment

looks good.. with out having to go back, did you end up going with an electric DA? I think im gonna go to HF today and pic one up

Comment

Working...
                                X