No announcement yet.

2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news... my yard is all brown and shit, WTF TruGreen?!?!
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Breaking news... my yard is all brown and shit, WTF TruGreen?!?!
      Same here. WTF TruGreen?? And WTF with starting treatments this year without calling to see if I wanted services? Jackasses had invoiced me on line before even starting the service and it hit my checking account before they even drive off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        Same here. WTF TruGreen?? And WTF with starting treatments this year without calling to see if I wanted services? Jackasses had invoiced me on line before even starting the service and it hit my checking account before they even drive off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        I've seen your recent pics man, your yard is SAND!
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• This may be a dumb question but should I occasionally water my lawn in the winter?

It's St Augustine so its in its dead/straw color stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
            This may be a dumb question but should I occasionally water my lawn in the winter?

It's St Augustine so its in its dead/straw color stage.
            I encourage all of my homeowners to maintain watering through the winter months, at a reduced rate. Though this is more to try an maintain moisture in the soil around the slab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Great. I have but fear my neighbors are all looking out their windows wondering why I'm out there fully bundled with a water hose in hand but then again I do have the best lawn. Besides the 2 rain showers we've gotten I've only watered twice so I feel good about that.

Comment

• I’ve noticed there’s way less pow annua this year vs last year doing the sept and January pre emergent maybe only 8-10 mini grass clumps of it. Last year my whole back yard was full of it.. i also bagged all clippings/seeds until around June last year and that probably helped some too
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I need to put down my pre emergent. Thanks for posting that!!

Oh. My backyard is FULL of weeds. I am planning to nuke them, what can I spray this time of year? Not worried about the grass too much. I am going to do some dirt work and sod once bermuda greens up.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    I need to put down my pre emergent. Thanks for posting that!!

Oh. My backyard is FULL of weeds. I am planning to nuke them, what can I spray this time of year? Not worried about the grass too much. I am going to do some dirt work and sod once bermuda greens up.

If your grass is brown and dormant you can just use roundup. Won't hurt it.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      If your grass is brown and dormant you can just use roundup. Won't hurt it.
                      Will it work in the cooler temperatures?

Comment

• WHy is it everything dies in winter, except weeds and fucking crabgrass! I used MSMA (or whatever it is called) last year on killed off the crabgrass, but it is coming back in spots in that area again. I use pre emergent every fall and spring too. Same part of my yard I can not get rid of some damn clovers. I need to nuke that whole 10x10 area!

Comment

• I’ve read about the glyphosate trick on dormant Bermuda too.. I’ve also read it will kill dormant st Augustine.. just wanted to note that.
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X