X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Never!
    Once you go mac.....
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I love how I have had my mid 2010 Macbook Pro since new and have never once had an issue with malware, viruses or hour or two hour bloat updates that just make it slower and eat the hard drive up. I also was unhappy when Apple cutoff all those users who owned earlier Core Duo and PowerPC Mac users and basically told them to fuck off and go buy a new thousand dollar computer. This announcement from Microsoft REEKS of what Apple did a few years back. My Trusty desktop PC has been running along pretty much flawlessly for my uses with a Core 2 Quad Extreme 3ghz processor, 8gb of ram, a 512gb SSD and Win 10 Home edition. This makes me wonder if shortly my desktop is going to be crammed with updates to make it slower and slower..and then cut me off to try and force me to buy/build something new.

Comment

They have gone to far, they are discontinuing mspaint.

Comment

are they replacing it with this new 3d paint shit?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes

Comment

What if you're still running XP and it works fine for 99% of what you're doing with it? Asking for a friend.
              I know it is time for new shit but I don't want to research it.

Comment

If you're not connecting to the internet and it serves your needs, keep on keepin on.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  What if you're still running XP and it works fine for 99% of what you're doing with it? Asking for a friend.
                  I know it is time for new shit but I don't want to research it.
                  I still have the installation disc for XP Professional SP1, lol, circa 2001/2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    Once you go mac.....
                    ... you throw that shit out the windows cause it dies after a year, and cause you paid $2300 for a computer that has a $1300 windows equivalent? They're such garbage imo. If someone gave me one for free I'd just sell it. Even though I can almost always find a use for a new computer.

But back on topic. Yeah its pretty clear they want us buying new shit all the time, and keeping a desktop for 11 years and a laptop for 5 years makes them quite unhappy. Look at what microsoft called that last windows XP they had to do: POS Edition. As for keeping on running XP, security concerns would be the only reason I'd change over. Just get windows 7, its almost like a way more awesome XP imo.
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X