First build-$900 budget-almost complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a strange video issue.

Most of the time, if not all the time, scrolling through facebook the entire screen will immediately go black for about 3-4 seconds. I was just watching a UFC video on FB and it kept going black at the exact same moment in the video. I kept rewinding the video several times to see the point that I missed, and it would black out at exactly that same point. Both tiny and full screen.

Sometimes switching between tabs in chrome it'll happen when I go back to Chrome.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

A good friend of mine is having this exact issue with his pc. He's running a 980ti but on an amd build. I'm not sure if it's a driver issue with nVidia or a Chrome deal because he too uses chrome. I haven't experienced this on mine(gtx460se) and chrome. I'm thinking it is a newer architecture and driver deal, but can't say for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        A good friend of mine is having this exact issue with his pc. He's running a 980ti but on an amd build. I'm not sure if it's a driver issue with nVidia or a Chrome deal because he too uses chrome. I haven't experienced this on mine(gtx460se) and chrome. I'm thinking it is a newer architecture and driver deal, but can't say for certain.
        It's strange. I haven't seen it outside chrome, and it really only happens on FB while scrolling. it's bizarre. It's a new issue too. Only been going on about 2 weeks.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

That's why I'm not sure if it's a Chrome or driver issue. It doesn't happen on my older nVidia gpu, hence why I think it's related to newer architecture, but need to see if a new driver has been issued recently or if Chrome recently updated.

Comment

Powersupply failed on sunday. Less than 14 months out of a 80+ Bronze
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Dang, you're certain the psu shit the bed?

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Run 3dmark it's much more accurate. As nice as your pc is, its not top 6% by a long shot.
                What a shortsighted post. He didn't say he ran 3dmark, he ran a different benchmark program and of the millions of pc's tested in it, it very much was top 6%.

Comment

That's what I'm saying. Run a REAL industry standard benchmark and not some bullshit test from 2011 and say you're in the top 6%.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Dang, you're certain the psu shit the bed?
                    Yea man. I did the "paperclip test", which basically just jumps power to the fan, and if the fan doesn't turn on it's shot. It failed that test, and as new PSU did fix it.

I could smell it failing about 30 minutes before it died
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

That's what I'm saying. Run a REAL industry standard benchmark and not some bullshit test from 2011 and say you're in the top 6%.
                      Sigh, it's not some bs test from 2011, but keep on w/your know-it-all mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        Yea man. I did the "paperclip test", which basically just jumps power to the fan, and if the fan doesn't turn on it's shot. It failed that test, and as new PSU did fix it.

I could smell it failing about 30 minutes before it died
                        Dang, that really sucks. You're lucky it didn't take anything with it when it failed. Is it still under warranty? You may be able to get it RMA'd and have a backup. What PSU did you get as a replacement?

Comment

Lmfao. What a fucking douchebag. Don't you have a woman to disappoint somewhere? Maybe you should call up the whore you married and make another run at her.

COMPUTER R SRS BIZNIS!!!1juan
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Lmfao. What a fucking douchebag. Don't you have a woman to disappoint somewhere? Maybe you should call up the whore you married and make another run at her.

COMPUTER R SRS BIZNIS!!!1juan
                            I feel there is a story here I am unaware of, and now I'm curious.

Comment

I'd say the loser here is the one with the 40k post count.. lmao...

Crazie, I married a hot whore. Lasted 3 months. She cheated like all whores do and it ended. Bcoop is still buthurt I didn't take him up on his pro advice to dump her and not look back. He likes to bring it up 5 years later because that's the only thing he has on me, like I give 2 fucks.

Bcoops story is very similar if I recall. Although, soo boring I forgot most the points and was just trying to get the damn head case off the phone when he was offering his "expert whore advice."
                              sigpic

Comment

In bcoop's defense... you married a whore.

Whore's are for fucking. Not marrying.

Comment

Working...
                                X